We were informed today by President Obama that April Fools will not be observed this year.
We’ve gotten a lot of requests for a Space Food Truck “4 pack” of keys, enough to pass around and fill your whole truck with players. So now on SpaceFoodTruck.com you can grab an exclusive 4 pack for the price of 3. Adding our launch discount on top of that, you’ve got 35% savings if you act fast!
Keep an eye on this blog or sign up for our mailing list to stay current on the Space Food Truck update now in the works.
Space Food Truck’s been gaining momentum every day since launch, so huge thanks to everyone for your support! We’re really blown away by this reception, so we’re diving right into some fresh polish you’ll be seeing in an update very soon. Just a few items on our “would be nice” list that we couldn’t fit in before our launch deadline.
We’re even more excited that the game’s success could give us a chance to explore some of the different gametype scenarios we’ve been tossing around. Saboteur Mode, Pirate vs. Food Truck, there was even talk about strapping a bomb to the ship… Stay tuned to see where this food truck goes next, and feel free to post your own update ideas in our discussion group!
Today at 4pm ET Space Food Truck will officially leave Early Access to become our first Steam release! Feels like a good time to thank all of our early adopters again for their patience and their feedback, which was tremendously helpful in getting the game this polished and balanced. It really wouldn’t be the same game without you guys.
I should also mention we’re launching at 10% off for the first week only! That means you can still get our discounted Early Access price for a little while longer. There may be a slight lag between SFT leaving Early Access and our discount being applied, so try back a little later if you aren’t seeing the 10% off.
25 lucky mailing list subscribers have been sent their free SFT Steam keys, but we still have more keys to give away during our Twitch stream today at 2:30pm ET. Stop by to check out the game in action, ask us anything, and maybe get a free key.
Tomorrow is the big day: Space Food Truck officially leaves Early Access and becomes a full Steam game! It’s also a huge giveaway day, and there’s a couple of ways you might get your hands on a free copy of SFT.
The first is to sign up for our mailing list. We’re giving away 25 copies of Space Food Truck to a few lucky subscribers tomorrow morning, and even if you don’t land one it’s a great way to keep up with our semi-annual game releases.
The second is to tune in to our Friday Twitch stream at 2:30pm ET, where we’ll be playing some Space Food Truck and bleeding free Steam keys whenever our ship takes HP damage. This week we’re also giving out keys whenever we deliver a recipe, so there’s even more free stuff to go around.
Space Food Truck is officially graduating from Early Access next week, so this weekend we’re shining a spotlight on our first multiplayer strategy game, Outwitters for iOS and Android! Today through Sunday, EVERYTHING in the Outwitters store is 75% off or more.
Outwitters is an easy-to-learn, tough-to-master player vs. player strategy game that supports 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 matches. It even has cross-platform play between iOS and Android. You can check out the trailer to see it in action, and be sure to stop by our forums if you’re searching for a few regular opponents.
Our newest game, Space Food Truck, will be officially released on Steam March 25th. You can sign up for our mailer to get an email reminder. 25 lucky subscribers are getting a free copy on launch day!
This Friday on a very special OML Twitches: the creators of Outwitters go head to head! Neither of us have played in a good long while, but still we will clash like a couple of newborn babies. Help Alex scout and overcome my army for a shot at a free copy of Space Food Truck, which will pour forth from my base for every point of HP damage I take. Stream starts Friday at 2:30pm EST , and the rerun will be up on our Youtube shortly thereafter.
After months of improvements in Early Access, our cooperative card adventure Space Food Truck is finally ready for a real release date: March 25. This new-and-improved launch trailer shows off some of the progress we’ve made, though it really doesn’t do justice to all the stuff we changed. Just scroll down the last few weeks of blog posts and look at those lists. Lists on lists on lists.
We didn’t know what to expect when we started our first Early Access, but we really couldn’t have have gotten the game to this level of polish without you guys. Your feedback and game data (if you volunteered it) helped guide our decision-making as we tweaked the characters’ jobs, balanced the item decks, added new difficulties, and tightened up our user interactions. Thanks for jumping aboard early and pitching in!
If you haven’t picked up a copy of Space Food Truck Early Access (which will update to the full version of the game), you might want to sign up for our mailing list. We’re giving away free copies of SFT on release day to 25 lucky subscribers!
In today’s possibly-very-special update to Space Food Truck, we have for you what is called a “release candidate”. That means if nothing major is broken, this will be the official 1.0 version of the game!
There are still tons of features and even new gametypes we’d like to try out if things go well after launch, but what we have at the moment is a great representation of what we originally set out to make: a goofy, sometimes brutal, sometimes hilarious space romp for you and some friends.
So definitely install this version, take it for a spin, and let us know what’s working or not working for you! Email your feedback to bugs at spacefoodtruck.com, or start up a discussion on our Steam board. We’ve come a long way thanks to your willingness to play our work-in-progress, so thank you all for helping us get SFT where it is today.
Per usual, we’ll be streaming our playtest of today’s build on Twitch at 2:30pm EST, so stop in and say hi or ask a question (Stream complete! Watch it right here). Here’s the big list of changes in today’s build:
- Recipes must now be delivered in order, so that the ending makes sense and so people’s food doesn’t get cold.
- Added some hotkeys for fancy players:
- I: inventory
- L: lab
- B: bridge
- W: workshop
- Z: zapmart
- D: done (ws, lab, bridge, inv)
- B: back to ship (zapmart)
- X: next phase
- E: end turn
- G: give card
- C: continue (in event/arrivals)
- A: damage (in event/arrival)
- D: dodge (in event/arrival)
- Escape: bring up sys menu
- R: resupply
- Space bar: punch it
- D: dock ship
- S: shield upgrade
- E: engine upgrade
- Added a tutorial pop-up for first timers.
- If a rare ingredient is in your resupply, you can’t continue without claiming it.
- Added timeouts for joining the game in various online scenarios.
- Added an error message for trying to buy a card outside of the purchase phase.
- Mutate instructions dynamically update cost when mutating cards.
- Added plenty of new sound effects for various card abilities.
- Added SFX for ejecting cards from loot screen.
- Updated upgrade ship text.
- Polished ending animation.
- Updated wording on Gamma Toaster.
- Fixed placement of the log window for non-1080p resolutions.
- Fixed a crash bug involving playing exchangitron repeatedly.
- Fixed rendering overlap issues with draw pods and card hands.
- Fixed a bug where pirates wouldn’t steal cards.
- Fixed bug where gamma toasting a Vexyl would increase it’s negative value to -2.
- Fixed bug where inventory would load the wrong screen in co-op games for spectating players.
- Fixed online bug where games could de-sync if players all readied up at very different times.
- Fixed Vexyl image on cards to be rounded.
Space Food Truck continues to be polished and purged of bugs this week. There was even some discussion of possible March release dates today! That announcement is coming soon.
You can check our Twitch stream from earlier today below, where Alex and I gave away a free copy of Space Food Truck every time our ship took HP damage. Was today the day we finally conquered Thai Hot on camera? And if not, was it totally Alex’s fault? You’ll have to watch to find out!
And as always, here’s the list of improvements to this week’s build:
- Gamma Toasting a card multiple times will now correctly stack.
- Breakthrough now correctly reduces the lab costs to their minimum starting value, even if it could only reduce the cost by 1.
- “Destroy Nothing” button is now disabled upon selecting a card during Burnilizer.
- Moving to your room via job cards now shows correct error message when the Terrifying Monster blocks your path.
- Inventory screen now follows what the player is looking at when you are in ‘watch’ mode online.
- Updated game log icon to be more representative of its function.
- Added sounds for the Terrifying Monster that Lives in Our Vents.
- Audio that plays in the ship view no longer bleeds into other scenes (no more character chatter while in flight or in galaxy view).
- Fixed a dimming bug with crises and the diplomabot.
- Fixed a few bugs involving combinations of the Flux Inverter and Gamma Toaster.
- Fixed potential bug in the Give Card UI that would cause hang ups.
- Fixed a visual bug with cards bursting into green flames.
- Fixed bug where clicking on pods was disabled in online games during other players’ turns.
- Fixed a bug where online games would de-sync after 20ish turns in loot screen and hang up.
- Fixed card item text being cut off.
- Fixed bug where Mimicube would display the card it’s currently mimicking when rolled over in the lab.
- Fixed visual bug with Captain’s Orders while dragging characters.
- Fixed button labeling issue for some screens in co-op games.