Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack types - very confused
01-14-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: Attack types - very confused
Well, it's mainly because of the +1 wit/kill update, that runner spams just put you harshly behind on wits. It's simply feeding wits to your opponent.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Runner spamming was never good, some lower league players did complain about it, but higher league players said "make soldiers" in response. At least that's how I remember it.

Rush, Spam, and turtle are all general gaming terms, not outwitters specific, but fit really well with the game.

rush - attack early going for early win
spam - do something a lot (runner spam, soldier spam)
turtle - been covered better already, but basically stay on your side, build up, and wait

Other general strategies off the top of my head:
feint - attack or distract on one part of the map and after their units move to deal with it, you accomplish your true task at another location

counter - see what strategy they're using, and use a strategy known for defeating theirs

push - get a strong group of units together, and move them, often slowly, in the direction your "pushing" like a bombshell push towards the enemy base
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
With +1 wit/kill being turtle is bad because you cannot gain any extra wits. But I always fear going for a rush because I think if the rush is unsuccessful then I will be left too weak to counter the following attack from my opponent.

What is feint? Any example?
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 01:56 PM by EkoFox.)
Here's an example of how effective a rush can be. I'll try to find one of my replays of a feint, too.

Edit:
Here's a mixture of a rush and feint; it looks like I'm trying to defend my weak side (feint), but I'm actually moving my Scrambler in for the kill (rush)

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]