Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 01:21 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
(06-26-2013 08:46 AM){~BiA85~} Wrote:  They are being inconsistent on some maps. You can't shoot around a defender to hit another defender but yet can shoot around them to hit the base? That's just silly. Easy solution is to put pillars on each side of the top hex on SFI and skull duggery. Problem solved and a slight nerf to adorables in the process.

You can't shoot through an enemy unit or obstacle. The sniper on SFI doesn't shoot through the crate, it shoots past it

I have two examples to show. I put it into one image but it won't let me attach it so im showing one

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
Who are you playing in which he/she could march a sniper all the way from the bottom to the top?
06-26-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 01:31 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Its just an example i made in Pass n Play about how the sniper could shoot the base

Heres the other picture

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-26-2013, 11:47 PM
On sweet tooth there is an empty hex next to the top/bottom wit spaces so to hold true with the SFI top hex shooting outside the boundary over imaginary hexes to hit the base why then shouldn't you be able to do it to units? It's the same hex set up but instead of the crate there imagine it as a unit. U can shoot around the unit closest to you to hit the 2nd unit. If you can shoot out of bounds in one case but not in the other it is inconsistent.

[Image: sig.png]
06-27-2013, 01:12 AM
This is from the sniper can't shoot 3 spaces thread

(03-27-2013 05:55 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 05:14 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Someone explain this: the sniper is should be able to hit the base because snipers could shoot over empty spaces.

Programmer explanation: Easy. The map was modeled to "end" there, not to have a pit there. When it ends it acts like an obstacle because the "valid attack fields" algorithm won't even take it into account for pathfinding. Unlike SFI which does feature a pit, so it also can be shot across.

Logic explanation:

06-27-2013, 03:55 AM
(06-26-2013 08:46 AM){~BiA85~} Wrote:  You can't shoot around a defender to hit another defender but yet can shoot around them to hit the base? That's just silly.

I'm confused about what you mean. Could you post a screenshot of not being able to shoot around a defender to hit another defender? As far as I'm aware, you can do this the same way you can to the base.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 01:09 PM by {~BiA85~}.)
(06-27-2013 03:55 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  
(06-26-2013 08:46 AM){~BiA85~} Wrote:  You can't shoot around a defender to hit another defender but yet can shoot around them to hit the base? That's just silly.

I'm confused about what you mean. Could you post a screenshot of not being able to shoot around a defender to hit another defender? As far as I'm aware, you can do this the same way you can to the base.

I mean on sweet tooth. If you put a sniper 2 spaces over from the top/bottom wit spaces there is a "gap" where the map ends but if there is a unit on the hex above the gap you can't shoot around that unit to hit the wit space unit.

[Image: 643b2453d7b6cdb54c4a1215c2f078b9_zps45b4ce75.jpg] should be able to shoot around the soldier to hit base. Can't.

[Image: 0f9c415297a16307d3f3da9bbfe07e7e_zps1b7f095a.jpg] should be able to shoot around runner to hit soldier. Can't.

06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Right, but that's the same thing for both scenarios. You can't shoot over the gaps, regardless of whether you are shooting units or the base. It's not consistent between different maps, but I thought you were saying it's inconsistent between shooting the base and shooting units.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I just mean if edge is gonna be treated as a gap on SFI and SD to hit the base but treated as a boundary to hit units it should be treated the same for both and the same for any map that has the same possibilities. Why can't you shoot the base from the wit space?

06-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Here's another explanation: Snipers can shoot over water, but they can't shoot across candy covered, pink colored plains. There's something about candy that dulls their eyesight. Smile

Kidding aside though, something has to be done, because you can't just be able to do it on one map and not on another.