One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - $tugot$ - 12-12-2012 09:59 AM

Is it intended that a sniper, with the top middle position on the sharkfood island map can wrap a shot around the top outside of the map, essentially negating any barriers or protection thats acutally ON the map?

im playing veggienauts and i have root barriers around my base on the map, and now im about to lose because a sniper wrapped a shot outside the playable board...i can provide a screenshot if necessary, but it seems this should not occur

Included a screenshot, fairly irritating that this can happen, trying to make veggies work , but essentially lost this game for me, as i cannot counter this

[Image: f6ad8091734e823dbbd6d7f0e7285a68.jpg]

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - harvarnold - 12-12-2012 10:05 AM

In my opinion it makes the map more interesting and discourages turtling. I personally don't have a problem with it, except it seems a bit unbalanced when many people don't know about it.

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - joelduque - 12-12-2012 10:05 AM

Yes. Consider SFI as the only map with which you share the same backdoor with your opponent. There are barriers but look the other way to the sea, where there are 2 spaces in between that hex and a base hex so a properly placed sniper or BS can deal full 3 hp base damage. Smile

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - Coolio - 12-12-2012 10:18 AM

You could unroot your bramble. That seems to be only option if you want to extend the game.

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - Necrocat219 - 12-12-2012 10:19 AM

Considering that The Mobi has the hardest time on small maps, especially sharkfood I think it's a welcome mini-buff for the adorables. I pointed this out ages ago and always consider this if playing with/against them. Remember that it requires 2 turns to pull off that checkmate or one turn with a slipped in soldier. Unfortunately you will have to retract your bramble to at least even up, but in usual circumstances this would leave the mobi player at a unit disadvantage.

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - $tugot$ - 12-12-2012 10:36 AM

Pulling up my bramble's not going todo anything , if a mobi gets next to that spot, and you cant kill sniper/ put a heavy there, he can just zip sniperx2 in, youre done

I mean its fine i guess, just suprised adorables get such a uneven factor on that map

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - Necrocat219 - 12-12-2012 10:45 AM

Yeah, don't worry I remember the first time that happened to me. Good job I was the adorables player! At least you can prepare for it next time. Doing that two times is harder said than done, it requires a mobi and sniper to sit in a weak position and spend 3 wits attacking without affecting your units at all. Once they have done that if you can throw a soldier onto the top hex you will win.

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - _H2O - 12-12-2012 11:39 AM

yes, I think veggie are really weak right now, intersting to see you trying that. Also surprised you havnt run into that yet. You must have done a good job of controlling the map to avoid that as its usually the win condition I go to.

I think its fair, this map kind of sucks and has no real way to win unless you go through the top.

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - The RawkHawk - 12-12-2012 11:46 AM

This is very cool. Thanks for the info Smile

RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base? - joelduque - 12-12-2012 12:08 PM

Please share the replay when the game is done! Interesting if a comeback is possible.