Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
12-12-2012, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 10:09 AM by $tugot$.)
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
Is it intended that a sniper, with the top middle position on the sharkfood island map can wrap a shot around the top outside of the map, essentially negating any barriers or protection thats acutally ON the map?

im playing veggienauts and i have root barriers around my base on the map, and now im about to lose because a sniper wrapped a shot outside the playable board...i can provide a screenshot if necessary, but it seems this should not occur

Included a screenshot, fairly irritating that this can happen, trying to make veggies work , but essentially lost this game for me, as i cannot counter this

[Image: f6ad8091734e823dbbd6d7f0e7285a68.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
In my opinion it makes the map more interesting and discourages turtling. I personally don't have a problem with it, except it seems a bit unbalanced when many people don't know about it.
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 10:14 AM by joelduque.)
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
Yes. Consider SFI as the only map with which you share the same backdoor with your opponent. There are barriers but look the other way to the sea, where there are 2 spaces in between that hex and a base hex so a properly placed sniper or BS can deal full 3 hp base damage. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
You could unroot your bramble. That seems to be only option if you want to extend the game.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Considering that The Mobi has the hardest time on small maps, especially sharkfood I think it's a welcome mini-buff for the adorables. I pointed this out ages ago and always consider this if playing with/against them. Remember that it requires 2 turns to pull off that checkmate or one turn with a slipped in soldier. Unfortunately you will have to retract your bramble to at least even up, but in usual circumstances this would leave the mobi player at a unit disadvantage.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Pulling up my bramble's not going todo anything , if a mobi gets next to that spot, and you cant kill sniper/ put a heavy there, he can just zip sniperx2 in, youre done

I mean its fine i guess, just suprised adorables get such a uneven factor on that map
12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah, don't worry I remember the first time that happened to me. Good job I was the adorables player! At least you can prepare for it next time. Doing that two times is harder said than done, it requires a mobi and sniper to sit in a weak position and spend 3 wits attacking without affecting your units at all. Once they have done that if you can throw a soldier onto the top hex you will win.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
yes, I think veggie are really weak right now, intersting to see you trying that. Also surprised you havnt run into that yet. You must have done a good job of controlling the map to avoid that as its usually the win condition I go to.

I think its fair, this map kind of sucks and has no real way to win unless you go through the top.
12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
This is very cool. Thanks for the info Smile

Super-Titan
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Please share the replay when the game is done! Interesting if a comeback is possible.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.