Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game
11-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Sad Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game
I haven't participated in league games for a few months, since it was getting tiring always playing the same handful of people over and over. With the new changes, the new team, and the seasonal stat tracking as incentives to jump back in, I did.

11:00am
Opponent: kowki101
Map: Long Nine
kowki101 moves first

Ok, nothing amiss, I start a second match

11:01am
kowki101 moves first

Well I guess this kowki guy has a lot of games queued. I'll wait a few hours.

1:00pm
kowki101 moves first

Undecided

Maybe wait another hour or so?

2:30pm
kowki101 moves first

I've now lost all incentive to play the game. The extra wits for going 2nd make it so I don't care as much that I'm going second in all these matches, but the real issue is that it's just plain not fun to be matched against the same exact person repeatedly, especially one who is so obviously manipulating the queue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game
That's a bummer they're all on Long Nine also, what're the odds?
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
(11-28-2012 07:45 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  That's a bummer they're all on Long Nine also, what're the odds?

Well that's the thing. There's a way to manipulate the games you start so any game you move first on is on the map you want, and he's clearly doing this.
11-28-2012, 07:59 AM
(11-28-2012 07:55 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Well that's the thing. There's a way to manipulate the games you start so any game you move first on is on the map you want, and he's clearly doing this.

How? This is news to me.

GC: wagnerock
Open for friendlies anytime.
11-28-2012, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 08:04 AM by Harti.)
I don't think he's doing this, I started three games today, too, and I'm up against him on Reaper, Foundry and Glitch.
/edit: Wagnarock, you can resign a game you just started. As long as nobody's in there you're not being charged points or rating whatsoever.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
11-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Harti, are you P2 on those three matches? If so, I guess that's somewhat hopeful.
11-28-2012, 08:23 AM
I feel for you. That's better than being matched with someone far from your skill level.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
The only map I will skip if I get it as P1 is Peekaboo. I encourage everyone who plays Scallywags to do this!
11-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I guess matchmaking is a little but bit junky but especially on Friendly. Usually I get paired normally but one time I got paired with a ST named SilverDragon. But to my surprise I actually won that match. I still can't believe it to this day. I was only a fluffy too! But I would've been happier if I was just facing someone my skill level or higher to actually improve not someone who is 10x my skill level.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 01:04 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(11-28-2012 01:01 PM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I guess matchmaking is a little but bit junky but especially on Friendly. Usually I get paired normally but one time I got paired with a ST named SilverDragon. But to my surprise I actually won that match. I still can't believe it to this day. I was only a fluffy too! But I would've been happier if I was just facing someone my skill level or higher to actually improve not someone who is 10x my skill level.

its not junky. read the description on friendly. it says random users.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*