One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game (/showthread.php?tid=970)

Pages: 1 2

Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - wonderpug - 11-28-2012 07:38 AM

I haven't participated in league games for a few months, since it was getting tiring always playing the same handful of people over and over. With the new changes, the new team, and the seasonal stat tracking as incentives to jump back in, I did.

11:00am
Opponent: kowki101
Map: Long Nine
kowki101 moves first

Ok, nothing amiss, I start a second match

11:01am
kowki101 moves first

Well I guess this kowki guy has a lot of games queued. I'll wait a few hours.

1:00pm
kowki101 moves first

Undecided

Maybe wait another hour or so?

2:30pm
kowki101 moves first

I've now lost all incentive to play the game. The extra wits for going 2nd make it so I don't care as much that I'm going second in all these matches, but the real issue is that it's just plain not fun to be matched against the same exact person repeatedly, especially one who is so obviously manipulating the queue.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - aaronINdayton - 11-28-2012 07:45 AM

That's a bummer they're all on Long Nine also, what're the odds?

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - wonderpug - 11-28-2012 07:55 AM

(11-28-2012 07:45 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  That's a bummer they're all on Long Nine also, what're the odds?

Well that's the thing. There's a way to manipulate the games you start so any game you move first on is on the map you want, and he's clearly doing this.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - wagnarock - 11-28-2012 07:59 AM

(11-28-2012 07:55 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Well that's the thing. There's a way to manipulate the games you start so any game you move first on is on the map you want, and he's clearly doing this.

How? This is news to me.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - Harti - 11-28-2012 08:03 AM

I don't think he's doing this, I started three games today, too, and I'm up against him on Reaper, Foundry and Glitch.
/edit: Wagnarock, you can resign a game you just started. As long as nobody's in there you're not being charged points or rating whatsoever.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - wonderpug - 11-28-2012 08:21 AM

Harti, are you P2 on those three matches? If so, I guess that's somewhat hopeful.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - joelduque - 11-28-2012 08:23 AM

I feel for you. That's better than being matched with someone far from your skill level.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - garcia1000 - 11-28-2012 11:30 AM

The only map I will skip if I get it as P1 is Peekaboo. I encourage everyone who plays Scallywags to do this!

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - BuzzleBee123 - 11-28-2012 01:01 PM

I guess matchmaking is a little but bit junky but especially on Friendly. Usually I get paired normally but one time I got paired with a ST named SilverDragon. But to my surprise I actually won that match. I still can't believe it to this day. I was only a fluffy too! But I would've been happier if I was just facing someone my skill level or higher to actually improve not someone who is 10x my skill level.

RE: Matchmaking Issues are Ruining the Game - TheQwertiest - 11-28-2012 01:03 PM

(11-28-2012 01:01 PM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I guess matchmaking is a little but bit junky but especially on Friendly. Usually I get paired normally but one time I got paired with a ST named SilverDragon. But to my surprise I actually won that match. I still can't believe it to this day. I was only a fluffy too! But I would've been happier if I was just facing someone my skill level or higher to actually improve not someone who is 10x my skill level.

its not junky. read the description on friendly. it says random users.