Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New Feature Suggestion]] Specials Move Confirmation
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
[New Feature Suggestion]] Specials Move Confirmation
Let me paint a picture for you. After a 40+ turn evenly matched war of attrition, you finally gain the upper hand on a powerful opponent. The opponent, realising that he is being forced back, goes out for an all-or-nothing attack on your army, and manages to take out half your units. However, you are prepared for this, and had hidden a bombshell just behind your lines, out of immediate sight of your enemy. He is surprised by the it, and doesn't manage to take it down before he runs out of wits. Now, all it takes is one well-placed blast from the bombshell to secure you the game. You tap the bombshell to select it, and then... your finger bounces accidentally on the screen, and you double tap it. Your bombshell is now in mobile state.

Well, GG to you, friend.

I can't even count how many times that has happened to me. Sure, in some cases I still won, and it may just be that I'm more clumsy than most people. But I can't be the only one, right? So what I'm saying is this: In the next update, can we please have some sort of 'are you sure' popup when you perform a move with your special? It just has to be something like the move confirmation: one button saying go, and one button saying cancel. They specials are game changers. One wrong move with them will give your opponent, if he's any good at all, an unbeatable advantage. They really need some sort of safety lock to minimize mistakes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
RE: [New Feature Suggestion]] Specials Move Confirmation
(11-25-2012 02:18 PM)CommandConquerer Wrote:  Let me paint a picture for you. After a 40+ turn evenly matched war of attrition, you finally gain the upper hand on a powerful opponent. The opponent, realising that he is being forced back, goes out for an all-or-nothing attack on your army, and manages to take out half your units. However, you are prepared for this, and had hidden a bombshell just behind your lines, out of immediate sight of your enemy. He is surprised by the it, and doesn't manage to take it down before he runs out of wits. Now, all it takes is one well-placed blast from the bombshell to secure you the game. You tap the bombshell to select it, and then... your finger bounces accidentally on the screen, and you double tap it. Your bombshell is now in mobile state.

Well, GG to you, friend.

I can't even count how many times that has happened to me. Sure, in some cases I still won, and it may just be that I'm more clumsy than most people. But I can't be the only one, right? So what I'm saying is this: In the next update, can we please have some sort of 'are you sure' popup when you perform a move with your special? It just has to be something like the move confirmation: one button saying go, and one button saying cancel. They specials are game changers. One wrong move with them will give your opponent, if he's any good at all, an unbeatable advantage. They really need some sort of safety lock to minimize mistakes.

Ever tried. Ever made a mistake. No matter. Try again. Make a mistake again. Ask for a safety lock. Enough.

haha. just kidding. happened to me tons of times. we just have to learn to be more careful for now.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-25-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 02:28 PM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
Don't use the bombshell. Problem solved.

My real answer:
It's probably like that as a nerf. Like the bramble can't undo branches and the mobi can't unspit a teleportee.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-25-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 02:28 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(11-25-2012 02:25 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Don't use the bombshell. Problem solved.

My real answer:
It's probably like that as a nerf. Like the bramble can't undo branches and the mobi can't unspit I teleportee.

you can make him spit it. just wait a few hours and he'll eventually get tired and return the half digested unit. Tongue

Anonymous Clan
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
(11-25-2012 02:22 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Ever tried. Ever made a mistake. No matter. Try again. Make a mistake again. Ask for a safety lock. Enough.

Big Grin Ouch.

Now I can't even get angry at my lost games because you guys just made me laugh Sad
11-25-2012, 03:15 PM
(11-25-2012 03:10 PM)CommandConquerer Wrote:  
(11-25-2012 02:22 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Ever tried. Ever made a mistake. No matter. Try again. Make a mistake again. Ask for a safety lock. Enough.

:D Ouch.

Now I can't even get angry at my lost games because you guys just made me laugh :(

haha :p
im getting tired of chasing you around the forum. too fast for the ipad. xD
i give up. except on the last post wins thread :))

Anonymous Clan
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 03:30 PM by Emuchu.)
(11-25-2012 02:25 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Don't use the bombshell. Problem solved.

My real answer:
It's probably like that as a nerf. Like the bramble can't undo branches and the mobi can't unspit a teleportee.

What? "Nerfs" are meant to help balance an imbalanced gameplay element. The "unshelling confirmation" thing is deter silly mistakes, they're not the same thing. Also, Mobi and totally un-spit a teleportee... just not after he's been teleported.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-25-2012, 05:04 PM

My real answer:

Mobis can unspit a teleportee, just tap anywhere on the screen far away from the mobi.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
11-25-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 05:11 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(11-25-2012 05:04 PM)2dhh Wrote:  

My real answer:

Mobis can unspit a teleportee, just tap anywhere on the screen far away from the mobi.

i thought you were joking but..
OMG IT WORKS! :O

Anonymous Clan
11-26-2012, 01:11 AM
(11-25-2012 03:28 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  

My real answer:

What? "Nerfs" are meant to help balance an imbalanced gameplay element. The "unshelling confirmation" thing is deter silly mistakes, they're not the same thing. Also, Mobi and totally un-spit a teleportee... just not after he's been teleported.

I didn't know the mobi could do that!! :0
I used nerf for lack of a better word. Maybe its an "intentional hindrance".

GC: Great Wolf Sif