Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
Here's one from the Super-Titans replay thread, it returns a page of errors.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Ygd3-AQw

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 03:03 AM
OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Added a new version of the Foundry map. (I didn't notice any changes except for the internal filename that outwitters uses so let me know if there is something I'm missing from it. This will fix the two walls of errors that Szei and Emuchu reported.)
  • Removed the wit cost for rooting and unrooting brambles.
12-04-2012, 05:31 PM
(12-04-2012 03:03 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Added a new version of the Foundry map. (I didn't notice any changes except for the internal filename that outwitters uses so let me know if there is something I'm missing from it. This will fix the two walls of errors that Szei and Emuchu reported.)
  • Removed the wit cost for rooting and unrooting brambles.

Woot! This tool needs a permanent forum link.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey codepenguin, I have big feature request for you... How about being able create/edit your own turns starting from a certain turn in a replay? Here are several possible uses:

- see how other possible plays may have been better in a game you finished.
- create the same scenario as the turn you are currently playing. Try different options for your turn.
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 11:39 PM by aaronINdayton.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkJiDAgw
is a 2v2 that errors on load.
12-07-2012, 01:19 AM
@Thrutchy,
That is a big request. I'll give it some thought. I can't make any promises at the moment though.

@aaronINdayton,
Alright! That is the new Acrospire map that I have been waiting for a replay to come in so I can build support for that map into OSN. Thanks for the replay. I'll get that in ASAP.
12-07-2012, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 02:35 AM by blckace.)
(12-07-2012 01:19 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  @Thrutchy,
That is a big request. I'll give it some thought. I can't make any promises at the moment though.

@aaronINdayton,
Alright! That is the new Acrospire map that I have been waiting for a replay to come in so I can build support for that map into OSN. Thanks for the replay. I'll get that in ASAP.

it would be amazing if you can do what thrutchy suggested, saves a lot of time +1 from me

just deploying units and assigning wit counts to both sides
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
(12-06-2012 02:07 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Hey codepenguin, I have big feature request for you... How about being able create/edit your own turns starting from a certain turn in a replay? Here are several possible uses:

- create the same scenario as the turn you are currently playing. Try different options for your turn.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your pretty much asking him to recreate outwitters... I should remind you that the Outwitters Sports Network is independent of OML, and thankfully he was given permission to make this network. (Correct me if I'm wrong CodePenguin)

I have a small feature request, an option to change the delay time for the play button.

Also keep up the great work!
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
(12-07-2012 10:42 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 02:07 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Hey codepenguin, I have big feature request for you... How about being able create/edit your own turns starting from a certain turn in a replay? Here are several possible uses:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your pretty much asking him to recreate outwitters... I should remind you that the Outwitters Sports Network is independent of OML, and thankfully he was given permission to make this network. (Correct me if I'm wrong CodePenguin)

Thats why I said it was a big feature request. I agree it would be very close to another implementation of outwitters. I'd assume implementing the game rules is much easier than many of the other parts of outwitters - graphics, client/server, leagues, art, infrastructure, UI, game management, etc.

This big feature request could also be used for:
- creating your opponent's position and counting their wits used.
12-07-2012, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 04:37 PM by CodePenguin.)
OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Added Veggienauts 2v2 Acrospire map
  • Fixed a bug where if a player stepped on a wit space that they already controlled, the color would change to gray.
  • Scrambling now gives the +1 wit bonus.
  • 2v2 2nd player now starts with 5 wits instead of 8.

@Thrutchy, I've thought about your suggestion and I just don't think I'm really interesting in adding the ability to plan things out in a turn by turn basis. I think it is a bit out of scope for the Replay Viewer.

@game_taker, OSN is definitely independent from OML. The main idea behind OSN is to be a companion to Outwitters. Anything that overshadows or sours the Outwitters experience in any way will not be implemented. Also, Adam and Alex will always have the last say in the future of OSN. They have graciously allowed me to play in their backyard but in the end Outwitters is theirs and only theirs.