Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobi question
11-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Mobi question
Since I having bought the team packs, I've been trying these out. So far, I haven't had much opportunity to use the specials like Scrambler, Bramble, Mobi, and Bombshell (probably used this the most). I am curious about Mobi...

Can Mobi transport more than one other unit per turn? Or is that a limiting action like movement? It seems Mobi would be very vulnerable with that limitation. That would seem a serious drawback IMHO. (Particularly since Mobi can only move three, is visible when transporting even if entirely encompassed by Fog of War, and the transported character can't move even if they hadn't moved before.

Thanks in advance for any answers...

Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: Mobi question
(11-30-2012 11:08 AM)paulboos Wrote:  Since I having bought the team packs, I've been trying these out. So far, I haven't had much opportunity to use the specials like Scrambler, Bramble, Mobi, and Bombshell (probably used this the most). I am curious about Mobi...

Can Mobi transport more than one other unit per turn? Or is that a limiting action like movement? It seems Mobi would be very vulnerable with that limitation. That would seem a serious drawback IMHO. (Particularly since Mobi can only move three, is visible when transporting even if entirely encompassed by Fog of War, and the transported character can't move even if they hadn't moved before.

Thanks in advance for any answers...

Paul

the mobi can only move 1 unit per turn. i cant tell you how to use the mobi cause im not very good with it. but there are lots of great mobi users in the forum

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-30-2012, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 11:12 AM by GoHeat 3.)
Mobi can transport 1 unit per turn and that unit can attack but not move.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 11:21 AM by Emuchu.)
In one turn, Mobi can move once (1 Wit), and transport a single friendly unit from anywhere on the board to an adjacent hex (1 Wit). The transported unit can attack, but not move. Even with these limitations, Mobi is still very powerful, as he can move around Heavies and Snipers to help defend or exploit weaknesses in your opponent's defense. He can also recall vulnerable units back to safety.

Here are a couple recent games I played on Ranked, demonstrating the usefulness of a Mobi in a competitive environment:

Reaper, 27 Turns: _H20 (S) vs. Emuchu (A)

Sweetie Plains, 33 Turns: Emuchu (A) vs. BoudewijnX (S)

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
What helped me understand some of the units was playing them in a pass-and-play with myself. This way, I could see how they moved and reacted to different situations in a short amount of time.

I think doing that was very useful as well as watching replays and seeing how the specials were used in those situations.

GC: TheGreatAnt
12-01-2012, 08:15 AM
I normally just use Mobi as a army builder by putting it behind my wall of soldiers and teleporting snipers and heavies.
12-01-2012, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 09:12 AM by Sakiehl.)
(12-01-2012 08:15 AM)OW11 Wrote:  I normally just use Mobi as a army builder by putting it behind my wall of soldiers and teleporting snipers and heavies.

This is how I use Mobi too.

The Mobi also helps sustain attacks, if you can keep him just out of range. If they kill you're sniper it's not as big of a deal, spawn a new one and bring him right into the battle.

With the wit for kill change, it's a little more worth it to jump a soldier into danger, attack, and warp him back to safety.

And, there's the finishing move of launching a sniper into range of their base.

I love the artwork in the game, but the adorables aren't my favorite look. Mobi is probably my favorite special though. I wish I could have a robot Mobi.
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 09:44 AM by wonderpug.)
In addition to what's already been mentioned:

Move a unit, attack, mobi him out, move a new unit into that spot and attack. There are many situations that arise when you have the firepower to take out a crucial enemy unit, but because of the board arrangement you can't get two units simultaneously adjacent to the unit. Mobi lets you attack twice from the same hex. (Also frequently applies to base attacking opportunities.)

Claim a bonus wit space in one turn. Every other team can only turn an enemy bonus wit space to grey on a single turn by landing a unit on it, so if the enemy reclaims it the next turn it'll go right back to their color. With Mobi you can land a unit on a wit space to turn it grey, Mobi that unit out, then move a second unit onto the wit space to turn it all the way to your color.

Feed two spawn points into one channel. Sure, this is kind of just a gussied up way of saying "he transports units," but I think it's one of his simplest and most key benefits. With the two spawn point maps, generally each spawn point has its own most direct path to the enemy base. With Mobi in the vicinity of one such path, though, you can now essentially have both spawn points spewing enemies into the same channel. Your non-Adorable opponent has to combat that with just one spawn point, or he has to spend the extra time and wits to lug units over from his more distant spawn point. You leave your other path more weakly defended but A) hopefully your opponent is too busy fighting you off to do much on the other path, and B) you can pretty easily swing Mobi over to the other path to divert troops there instead.

Here's a recent Super Titan Top 100 match that features some good Mobi highlights. (My victory was more due to me correctly guessing a scrambler had been spawned than because of Mobi specifically, but there are still some fun Mobi moves to be seen.)
Mobi Fun

Turn 10: Claim wit space in one turn.
Turn 12: Moves a heavy two turns worth of movement, and places Heavy to defend Mobi
Turn 14: Kill a 4hp soldier with only one attackable hex
Turn 16: Keeps a soldier from being killed for free next turn
Turn 22: Sniper shenangians (though I actually goofed and intended to go after his heavy there)
Turn 24: more sniper shenanigans
Turn 26: soldier rescue
Turn 28: soldier ninja move
Turn 30: Mobi-sniper base finisher
12-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm best with Mobi on Long nine because at the top it only takes two turns to get to their base so a surprise Mobi assault easily wins my games.

I have not really used Mobi anywhere else though so watching that match on the weekly 200 In thorn gulley gave me some tactics for that map with Mobi.

Mobi is my favourite special as you may have guessed.