Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Is this normal?
I currently have a game that has been going on for 12 DAYS and I'm waiting for my opponent to take turn # 15. I have a second game where I've been waiting five days for the other player to take their first turn. Right now I feel like an ass for paying for this game when I was happier with my five game limit that seemed to work much better ( probably because I was fluffy). I'm "clever" now but I really don't see that big of a jump in the competition just my frustration. Is it just me?

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: Is this normal?
You'll get slow opponents occasionally, but not often. Unfortunately there is a server error right now that keeps resetting the clock, so some games are dragging on. As for the competition, if you're good, you won't find any decent competition until gifted. Even there it's not strong. The strong players are in masters and Super Titan.
11-12-2012, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 08:32 PM by Emuchu.)
If you want some competition, just friends list some of the guys around here. There's a pretty big update right around the corner, so a lot of guys are avoiding Ranked Matches until it drops. Shoot me a challenge, I'm always willing. As for the competition, just try and make your way up to Gifted/Masters. Once you're in the mid/high leagues, players are generally more invested and snappier about making their plays.

Just for reference, I think I hit Masters at around 130-ish games, working up from Clever, and the worst thing I get there are the first turn queue stackers, who are thankfully getting hit with the nerf bat. For the most part, though, they're good, honest games.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I generally don't get frustrated by much but when other people are controlling my time it gets to me. I had to vent I guess. It's nice to know it will end at some point. Thanks.

11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
(11-12-2012 10:24 PM)NDRDOG Wrote:  Thanks for the words of encouragement. I generally don't get frustrated by much but when other people are controlling my time it gets to me. I had to vent I guess. It's nice to know it will end at some point. Thanks.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a little tired of the dumb FTA gimmicks that many queue-stacking players like to pull on me to try and get quick and easy wins, like Turn 3 Special rushes and weird stuff like that, but... the patch gives me hope, because I really do want this game to have longevity.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Most new abstract strategy games require a huge amount of balancing. What we are encountering now is inevitable. Perhaps look at things from another perspective , if not for those who really had a witty mind and discovered all the short cuts and loops holes, it is difficult to make this game better. Thanks to them, now the developers can work on the issues. I had my fair share of losses due to FTA and queue stack bugs. This game will only get better and better. Give them some time to iron out the issues. One more point to note, this is life. We never start on ground zero all the time. Some always will have a head start. We learn to climb up bit by bit. We outwit them along the way.
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
(11-13-2012 09:22 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  Most new abstract strategy games require a huge amount of balancing. What we are encountering now is inevitable. Perhaps look at things from another perspective , if not for those who really had a witty mind and discovered all the short cuts and loops holes, it is difficult to make this game better. Thanks to them, now the developers can work on the issues. I had my fair share of losses due to FTA and queue stack bugs. This game will only get better and better. Give them some time to iron out the issues. One more point to note, this is life. We never start on ground zero all the time. Some always will have a head start. We learn to climb up bit by bit. We outwit them along the way.

Very profound and philosophical, applied to real life. I liked it! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-13-2012, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 10:56 PM by NDRDOG.)
I have never encountered anyone who waited five days to turn in a report, show up to relieve me for my shift, or have to sit in a waiting room waiting for a Dr. to see me. This isn't real life it's a game and trying to scam the game is cheating and weak. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Different stragies are par for the course in a strategy game but gaming the system by queue stacking or just not playing when there is a timer bug is out is cheating and should be handled as such. IMRO

11-14-2012, 02:27 AM
(11-13-2012 10:54 PM)NDRDOG Wrote:  I have never encountered anyone who waited five days to turn in a report, show up to relieve me for my shift, or have to sit in a waiting room waiting for a Dr. to see me. This isn't real life it's a game and trying to scam the game is cheating and weak. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Different stragies are par for the course in a strategy game but gaming the system by queue stacking or just not playing when there is a timer bug is out is cheating and should be handled as such. IMRO

If gaming the system is not real life, I don't know what is. Nothing you've described is outside of the rules, the system, or the current state of the system. In this life, there are sheep and there are wolves. Neither is inherently bad. The sheep goes about his business, moving along with the herd, while the wolf thinks out of the box, taking whatever the system will give him. Cue stacking is not the fault of the cue stacker, it is a fault in the system. As for the stallers, they're more likely just some sheep that have wandered off. Yes, there are those that drag out losses. In the long run, that's a losing play. Until they add random FT, I suggest you stack your cue. You can stack it without being abusive. As I've said many times here, just stack it until your P1s are equal to your P2s and all is equal. I've never had to start more than 3 games as P2, using that plan.
11-14-2012, 03:01 AM
(11-14-2012 02:27 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 10:54 PM)NDRDOG Wrote:  I have never encountered anyone who waited five days to turn in a report, show up to relieve me for my shift, or have to sit in a waiting room waiting for a Dr. to see me. This isn't real life it's a game and trying to scam the game is cheating and weak. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Different stragies are par for the course in a strategy game but gaming the system by queue stacking or just not playing when there is a timer bug is out is cheating and should be handled as such. IMRO

If gaming the system is not real life, I don't know what is. Nothing you've described is outside of the rules, the system, or the current state of the system. In this life, there are sheep and there are wolves. Neither is inherently bad. The sheep goes about his business, moving along with the herd, while the wolf thinks out of the box, taking whatever the system will give him. Cue stacking is not the fault of the cue stacker, it is a fault in the system. As for the stallers, they're more likely just some sheep that have wandered off. Yes, there are those that drag out losses. In the long run, that's a losing play. Until they add random FT, I suggest you stack your cue. You can stack it without being abusive. As I've said many times here, just stack it until your P1s are equal to your P2s and all is equal. I've never had to start more than 3 games as P2, using that plan.

Are you saying a GAME should never get patched? This great game that we all love, outwitters, should still be in it's original release condition? I'm sure there were a lot more wolves then, I've even read on these very boards that not all of the bug fixes were welcome by everyone (wolves?). I guess your first sentence says it all, but this game is called outwitters, not outgamers. I would not want my children to grow up thinking that life is about seeing what you can take from the sheep and stay just within the letter of the law, or at least not get caught.