Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill)
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill)
FTA for 2v2 would be for P1 and P3.

FTA usually becomes more apparent in the higher leagues with players of a similar calibre. As I was moving up the league from Fluffy, I was playing most games as P2 and didn't even consider FTA to be an issue. I was winning most of my games, the few games I lost was usually due to some kind of rush on a small map. I generally took the loss as a learning experience and didn't put it down to FTA, however once I became aware of FTA I did notice that every single loss of mine was as P2.

Moving up the league (currently high Gifted) and participating more in the forums, I've become more aware of FTA and certainly play more 'cautiously' as P2 in the early stages of the game. Tourney results seem to validate the existence of FTA in 1v1, as does the data released by OML. I'd expect 2v2 data to show a similar advantage for 2v2, would certainly be interested to see any data that OML can pull out!

@Mr. Banger: You guys probably have amazing W/L ratios, therefore perhaps FTA doesn't at first glance appear to be a major factor for you. Still, I'd be interested to know what your W/L ratio was as P1/P3, vs as P2/P4, if you keep such records?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill) - Samura| - 11-01-2012 10:12 PM