Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turnaround win on Sharkfood
09-10-2012, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 03:27 AM by Necrocat219.)
Turnaround win on Sharkfood
I honestly didn't deserve to win this game and this would never work at Super-Titan level, but I thought id post it because it was funny at the time and demonstrates something few players know about Smile

Replay

Action starts turn 11

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Turnaround win on Sharkfood
Wow! I didn't know about that. Is that a bug or is the idea that he's actually shooting around the back, across the ocean? Either way, it seems like something that should be corrected in a patch.
09-11-2012, 03:36 AM
(09-11-2012 03:14 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Wow! I didn't know about that. Is that a bug or is the idea that he's actually shooting around the back, across the ocean? Either way, it seems like something that should be corrected in a patch.

Whatever it is, we'd just need Adam or Alex to confirm or not wether this is intentional. If its just for decoration I don't think they'll bother to patch it unless it causes grief like the foundry soldier rush

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Good to know...
09-12-2012, 07:57 PM
This has been mentioned in other threads. Technically speaking, this is not a violation of the game's rules. If you regard all the empty space as pits it is perfectly valid for the Sniper to shoot across the pit and around the barrier (according to his line of sight rules).
This is probably a loophole in the map design rather than a problem with the ruleset.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2012, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 04:06 AM by Emuchu.)
As an Adorables player, the Hail-Mary Mobi Sniper to the North-center is often my last-ditch card for when Bombshell enters the field.

Once a player knows about this, they'll know to control the Northern passage whenever a Mobi is suspected to be in play, but I'm not skilled enough to comment on whether this tactic is a valid Adorables advantage over the ever-present Bombshell or an oversight that needs to be addressed.

For what it's worth, I like it. It complicates Sharkfood Island a little more, a map that I think is pretty set in its ways.
09-13-2012, 04:29 AM
I tried it against a top 5 master which started the first, and I won. Seriously, this rocks, I laughed when I saw this worked so well Big Grin

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
(09-10-2012 03:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I honestly didn't deserve to win this game and this would never work at Super-Titan level, but I thought id post it because it was funny at the time and demonstrates something few players know about Smile

Replay

Action starts turn 11

You can't really be sure. But I used a BS here.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
wow, I wasn't aware of this either...
However I wouldn't consider it a bug or loophole. As Kamikaze wrote above it appears to be perfectly in line with the general rules of what is within reach....

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.