Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
bugs and crashes giving hell. if you're seeing this please fix it Adam/Alex
10-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Smile bugs and crashes giving hell. if you're seeing this please fix it Adam/Alex
I've had this bug saying you've started your game on another device and you have to finish it there. been a few days since I've sent a report to onemanleft but there is no reply. some of my games has been stuck and I only have one day left before its forfeited. pleaSe look into it thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: bugs and crashes giving hell. if you're seeing this please fix it Adam/Alex
It's not a bug. If you open a game on one device (ie. your iPad) then you have to finish it there. You can't open that same game on another device (ie. your iPhone).

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
10-30-2012, 01:39 PM
(10-30-2012 01:18 PM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  It's not a bug. If you open a game on one device (ie. your iPad) then you have to finish it there. You can't open that same game on another device (ie. your iPhone).

i actually deleted the game and reinstalled as it kept crashing and i cant open alot of games running back then
10-30-2012, 04:32 PM
(10-30-2012 01:39 PM)qkid21 Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 01:18 PM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  It's not a bug. If you open a game on one device (ie. your iPad) then you have to finish it there. You can't open that same game on another device (ie. your iPhone).

i actually deleted the game and reinstalled as it kept crashing and i cant open alot of games running back then

Yeah, this is a known behavior: if you uninstall/reinstall Outwitters, it considers itself as "being on a new device". Alex fixed this the last time someone reported it, but these days he's busy working on the update, so it might take longer for him to get to you.
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
(10-30-2012 04:32 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 01:39 PM)qkid21 Wrote:  

Yeah, this is a known behavior: if you uninstall/reinstall Outwitters, it considers itself as "being on a new device". Alex fixed this the last time someone reported it, but these days he's busy working on the update, so it might take longer for him to get to you.

you reckon I'll get my points back if I lose due to the four days wait period?
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
No, just take the loss as a learning experience. Happen to me as well
10-31-2012, 10:35 PM
(10-31-2012 05:59 PM)Coolwhip18 Wrote:  No, just take the loss as a learning experience. Happen to me as well

lol..no offence but..what kinda learning experience would be gotten off here?
11-01-2012, 06:50 AM
(10-30-2012 01:13 PM)qkid21 Wrote:  I've had this bug saying you've started your game on another device and you have to finish it there. been a few days since I've sent a report to onemanleft but there is no reply. some of my games has been stuck and I only have one day left before its forfeited. pleaSe look into it thank you

There is a designated thread for identifying bugs in outwitters created by the devs. However, lets say it is your turn on a particular game... And you open that game on your iPad or iPhone, then you must complete that turn on the device you originally opened it with... Once you finish and submit that turn on said device, the next time it is your turn you will be able to use any compatible iOS device to open that game and use your turn.. But again, once you have opened it you must finish that turn on that device.

I hope this helps Smile
11-02-2012, 04:06 PM

is that really so?
last month when I was on vacation I used my wife's iPhone to finish some games I had started n my iPad
11-02-2012, 07:48 PM
(11-02-2012 04:06 PM)bbbsss Wrote:  

is that really so?
last month when I was on vacation I used my wife's iPhone to finish some games I had started n my iPad

It only applies for games that have been opened and not completed on one device.