Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
If there really is a test to change the heavy (I realize that's just a guess), please consult 2v2 players. In 2v2 the heavy feels just right and is becoming a regularly spawned unit in high level matches. Having said that, I have been playing more 1v1 lately and realize it's not quite as useful there. At least not useful enough to spend 4 wits to spawn. I hope the beta testers are playing both game types. Two completely different animals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
(10-01-2012 01:32 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Could there be some visual indication that I've attacked with a unit? Sometimes, I attack with a unit. But then it doesn't change color, so I try to move and attack with it. That generally is terrible since you just moved your unit close to them so they can kill you lol

if i remember correctly, i think there are fist icons around the unit if you havent attacked yet

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Quantum have you used a scrambler since 55 was released? We're testing the scrambler with 2 hp boosted to 3 hp right now!

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
(10-01-2012 04:05 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Quantum have you used a scrambler since 55 was released? We're testing the scrambler with 2 hp boosted to 3 hp right now!

Good work keeping secret.

Anyway, that's just old changes from past betas, like Mobi having 1 health as well. They won't be going into the actual version unless everyone in the beta suddenly has a change of heart. That's the way they were, but ultimately, Scrambler was more balanced at 1 HP and Mobi at 2, which is the way they are now.
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
This is a good thing to solve the problem of the FTA.

In future developments, I would like to see a new type of unit for all teams to vary the gameplay a little more, because we see too often soldiers in games (maybe because heavy is useless ?).

For the Scrambler, I think it is ok with 1 hp, even though I often lose when I play with Feedback ^^

I didn't think there was much work in beta test, it reassures me for the future of the game, good luck to all for testing (I am available if needed Tongue)

[Image: supertitan.gif] Adorables Player [Image: supertitan.gif]
10-02-2012, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 02:04 AM by Necrocat219.)
(10-01-2012 05:51 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 04:05 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Quantum have you used a scrambler since 55 was released? We're testing the scrambler with 2 hp boosted to 3 hp right now!

Good work keeping secret.

Anyway, that's just old changes from past betas, like Mobi having 1 health as well. They won't be going into the actual version unless everyone in the beta suddenly has a change of heart. That's the way they were, but ultimately, Scrambler was more balanced at 1 HP and Mobi at 2, which is the way they are now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was simply answering a community question with the information that I had from the beta as we want to keep people informed and not left out of the dark. I didnt think a less major thing such as balance was such a bad thing to expose, but I'm sure ill pick up what's appropriate or what's constructive enough over time.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Well I guess I may as well comment on scrambler with 2 base hp.. I dunno, it's tough. I think with 1 hp Feedback is probably the weakest team, but with 2 hp they may be the best. I also think that feedback is probably the most difficult team to use effectively, which contributes to the popular conception that they are the worst team. I think they probably are, actually, but only by a very small margin. So probably I would not want to increase scrambler's hp to 2.

But then I'm not beta-testing, I trust you guys to make the right recommendation to OML, whatever it is.
10-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Yeah 2 hp sounds dangerous lol
10-02-2012, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 03:28 AM by Harti.)
(10-02-2012 01:50 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Well I guess I may as well comment on scrambler with 2 base hp.. I dunno, it's tough. I think with 1 hp Feedback is probably the weakest team, but with 2 hp they may be the best. I also think that feedback is probably the most difficult team to use effectively, which contributes to the popular conception that they are the worst team. I think they probably are, actually, but only by a very small margin. So probably I would not want to increase scrambler's hp to 2.
I wonder why that is a "popular conception" though. I always deemed the Feedback the strongest team. Until I eventually found out that Mobi was able to give Snipers a walk around the map which I prefer. But for people who want a direct, straightforward unit that's easy to set up or will save you a game one time or another - choose the Robots.

The Scrambler at 2 would mean that it's basically indestructible: When buffed, the only thing that would be able to stop it is THREE Runners or a Mobi. Soldiers would have to get right into the brain's scrambling range in order to be able to attack in the turn after. This puts him at a level that I actually call 'broken'. Since it's pretty much impossible to get rid of it before it strikes.

Provided both players are equally strong the game is less about unit advantage and more about zone control. With a three-solder-wall you could already push your opponent back step by step every turn as there's the threat of a brain right behind the line.
Bombshell gives a good area coverage but you can hardly control it due to its moving restrictions. Mobi is very expensive shifting units around and difficult to cover, too.

The math behind a scrambled unit is easy. You one-hit KO an enemy unit and get the unit onto your side of the field. You're able to attack weak spots with it. This is really strong and could completely refund your Scrambler's deployment wits. Mobi and Bombshell have a harder time doing so I would say.

But ya, maybe the Scrambler needs a little adjustment for the better. I haven't actually followed live play lately so I can't tell what's the tier 1 choice right now.
We nerfed him twice during pre-release beta so it won't be hard for us to find solutions to it. I think we should keep it at 1 base health but the scrambled unit should keep its health.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-02-2012, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 03:34 AM by Ravernoth.)
(10-02-2012 03:27 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 01:50 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Well I guess I may as well comment on scrambler with 2 base hp.. I dunno, it's tough. I think with 1 hp Feedback is probably the weakest team, but with 2 hp they may be the best. I also think that feedback is probably the most difficult team to use effectively, which contributes to the popular conception that they are the worst team. I think they probably are, actually, but only by a very small margin. So probably I would not want to increase scrambler's hp to 2.
I wonder why that is a "popular conception" though. I always deemed the Feedback the strongest team. Until I eventually found out that Mobi was able to give Snipers a walk around the map which I prefer. But for people who want a direct, straightforward unit that's easy to set up or will save you a game one time or another - choose the Robots.

The Scrambler at 2 would mean that it's basically indestructible: When buffed, the only thing that would be able to stop it is THREE Runners or a Mobi. Soldiers would have to get right into the brain's scrambling range in order to be able to attack in the turn after. This puts him at a level that I actually call 'broken'. Since it's pretty much impossible to get rid of it before it strikes.

Provided both players are equally strong the game is less about unit advantage and more about zone control. With a three-solder-wall you could already push your opponent back step by step every turn as there's the threat of a brain right behind the line.
Bombshell gives a good area coverage but you can hardly control it due to its moving restrictions. Mobi is very expensive shifting units around and difficult to cover, too.

The math behind a scrambled unit is easy. You one-hit KO an enemy unit and get the unit onto your side of the field. You're able to attack weak spots with it. This is really strong and could completely refund your Scrambler's deployment wits. Mobi and Bombshell have a harder time doing so I would say.

But ya, maybe the Scrambler needs a little adjustment for the better. I haven't actually followed live play lately so I can't tell what's the tier 1 choice right now.
We nerfed him twice during pre-release beta so it won't be hard for us to find solutions to it. I think we should keep it at 1 base health but the scrambled unit should keep its health.

Hey Harti,

How about a simple compromise:

The scrambled unit is reduced to 2 HP if it is above 2 HP (or 3 HP if we want a bigger buff).

That would strengthen the scrambler a little, but not too much.