Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Question Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
There is a change in the latest beta that will change a lot of gameplay and sounds a little worrying at first glance tbh. Are we allowed to discuss is here or should it be restricted to testers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Is it ok to discuss proposed beta change here?
i hope so.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-30-2012, 07:09 PM
You shouldn't really be discussing openly about the beat and the changes, as more than often they are experimental features which may or may not be released. Otherwise we wouldn't have a beta forum Tongue But general non specific talk should be alright, as long as it isn't openly giving details about it.
09-30-2012, 07:25 PM
(09-30-2012 07:09 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  You shouldn't really be discussing openly about the beat and the changes, as more than often they are experimental features which may or may not be released. Otherwise we wouldn't have a beta forum Tongue But general non specific talk should be alright, as long as it isn't openly giving details about it.

We wouldn't be able to discuss this non-specifically, so perhaps I need to place my trust in the beta testers to hash it out Smile
09-30-2012, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 07:29 PM by Harti.)
Did you get access to the beta forums yet?
I've written a paragraph about if it's okay or not.

PS. It's not.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
09-30-2012, 07:34 PM
(09-30-2012 07:28 PM)Harti Wrote:  Did you get access to the beta forums yet?
I've written a paragraph about if it's okay or not.

PS. It's not.

No, didn't get in, which is a bit of a downer! Ok, thought I'd ask, I'm sure it's in good hands Smile
09-30-2012, 09:46 PM
so what you are telling my is that if I didn't got in the beta yet I'm out.
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Remember that any changes are being tested in the beta by us to check for if it encourages unfun play or imbalances. That's what the beta is for, and if something doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to release it would get tweaked or even removed. Nothing is final.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
10-01-2012, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 12:13 AM by Harti.)
(09-30-2012 09:48 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Nothing is final.

Exactly this. There have been experimental (!) changes to see if they improve gameplay. If they (or iterations of these changes) don't, they won't be implemented, which is basically the reason why we don't want to jump the gun by starting public discussions.
Such discussions will merely waste peoples' time and nerves, plus are very hard to moderate - despite the fact that they are based on purely subjective opinions as nobody would be able to test it themselves.

I don't think that the change will make the cut to public release but we're going to have much more testing.

I may only mention that OML actually did listen to all of you guys' feedback and found a - at the first glance - very cool solution to it. But first playtests show that it doesn't quite do what OML originally intended. Yet.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
My guess is a heavy stat change? It would be nice if you guys posted the stuff that didn't make the cut after the beta is complete.