Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is it possible to move up leagues?
09-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Is it possible to move up leagues?
Hey guys,

I won 3 clever games and lost 2 fluffy games for my first 5 league games. I lost to fluffy guys bc I left the game for a bit and came back rusty.

Well, the game ranked me at something like 40 in a fluffy league. Since then, I have literally won something like 20-30 games in a row against fluffy and clever league players, yet the game will not rank me in clever. In fact, I'm only ranked #5 in fluffy league. At what point can I expect to meet challenging players? I feel like I have to set up a new account or something just so I can play with people my skill level. Most of these people in my league don't even take their extra wits. Someone help meeee!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 04:47 PM by Emuchu.)
RE: Is it possible to move up leagues?
You'll just have to keep playing!

It's takes quite a few games to move out of a League, although the exact formula is a mystery to us common folk. But if Outwitters is pairing you against Clever League players, that means you're getting close! Just keep at it, and you'll eventually get your promotion fanfare!
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I was put into Master's by the game and after around 50-60 matches of facerolls against masters I moved into Super-titan. I think if you are still there after 50 matches that would be bad
09-28-2012, 11:52 PM
As repeatedly discussed in other threads, the ranking system is a bit slow with changing leagues, but it definitely happens.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
09-29-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd start a new account, maybe come back to this one if changes are made.
01-23-2013, 01:21 PM
This is interesting. How does one delete their old account? Is it not tied to game center profile?

Slightly related note: is there a way to maintain more than one account?
Say for two different people sharing a phone or one person who sometimes likes to play experimental games (e.g. using brambles extensively or heavies, etc.) to test ideas out, but also like the option to play seriously against matched competition.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 02:04 PM by EkoFox.)
You could use friendly games for testing strategy, but I'm not sure how to have two GC accounts.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, it is.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
(01-23-2013 01:21 PM)Ja Karta Wrote:  This is interesting. How does one delete their old account? Is it not tied to game center profile?

Slightly related note: is there a way to maintain more than one account?
Say for two different people sharing a phone or one person who sometimes likes to play experimental games (e.g. using brambles extensively or heavies, etc.) to test ideas out, but also like the option to play seriously against matched competition.

You can sign in and out of Game Center. This will allow you to maintain multiple accounts on a shared device.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Some people have rised to super titan in 15 matches, while I have stayed in clever 2v2 even after ~80 wins. It really depends.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]