Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What map do you perform the worst on? Best?
09-15-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: What map do you perform the worst on? Best?
Glitch is my least favorite map. The FTA is too large there because getting your bombshell or sniper in place one turn earlier is devastating
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Best on SFI; Worst on Foundry.

Visit Outwitters, Analysis, and You! — an epic thread of Resource, Unit, and Map Analysis!
09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
(09-15-2012 11:22 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Glitch is my least favorite map. The FTA is too large there because getting your bombshell or sniper in place one turn earlier is devastating

A few people have mentioned this so I think I'll put in my two cents. Glitch is my favorite map, and while it can become a sniper/bombshell race, other strategies exist. If you suspect a sniper over your wit space (especially as p2), then make your own sniper and move it just behind the wit space. Really the only (and very effective) counter to a sniper on the ledge is your own sniper, as nothing can shield the ledge.

And if your opponent makes an early bombshell onto the ledge, a boosted sniper can make things difficult for them and either force them to sacrifice the shell or move it back.

This map is so small and the key is maintaining good vision. Often that means saving a runner even if it can kill a medic, so as not to waste another spawn on such a weak unit.