Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What map do you perform the worst on? Best?
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 10:05 AM by GoHeat 3.)
What map do you perform the worst on? Best?
Just wondering what map people perform the worst on! Personally, Sharkfood Island is where is lose the most! Edit: If I were to choose my best map it would have to be Long Nine!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
RE: What map do you perform the worst on?
I'm awful on Peekaboo. If I had to pick a best I'd go with Sweetie Plains. I don't think I've lost a single game there. I always lose Peekaboo.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
09-11-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 02:20 PM by pookywb.)
RE: What map do you perform the worst on? Best?
I agree, Peekaboo is definitely my worst map.

I love going first on Long Nine.

I also just love playing on Glitch. P1 or P2.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I usually have all my loses on shark food due to turtling from opponent...
And I win most my games on glitch because I love to turtle Smile
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I think I have good strategies on Sweetie Plains and Long Nine.

Glitch seems like a really balanced map, where being P2 doesn't hurt you as much I feel.

I'm not really sure how to play Sharkfood Island out correctly, even though there is only a small number of openings that actually gets used.

Peekaboo battles are always awesome but absolutely chaotic Big Grin

Foundry is a real struggle as P2 even with the soldier moved back.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
09-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Great idea for a thread!

Long Nine used to be my worst map, but now that I've gotten a better handle for how the map develops, it's one of my favorites. It has the complexity of Sweetie Plains matches without taking as long to play. (Sweetie Plains is also at the top of my list.)

Foundry has consistently been one of my worst maps. It's just too wide open for my tastes.

Glitch is also one of my worst, I think. I've had several matches recently where I've just fallen apart against Bombshells on the map, but even without Scallywags the map seems to end up favoring whoever gets a Sniper in place first, and I seem to seldom be that person. Smile For some reason I also seem to repeatedly struggle with the unit count race on this map. Most of my losses involve me falling behind on units, and then I find myself with a giant pile of wits and no way to put them into action fast enough to fend off an attack.
09-12-2012, 02:58 AM
I really like Glitch too. Not a lot of space coupled with those gaps makes Snipers and Bombshells super-effective and reinforced soldiers a necessity. Aggressive players always lose. Here's a recent Glitch replay that I'm pretty proud of.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_rqiAQw

I also hate Foundry, so much space. It's hard to hold on to territory and pretty difficult to attack the base without wiping out the entire opposing army first.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
09-12-2012, 03:42 AM
I honestly have no idea. It would be great if OML tracked not only losses (W:L ratio) but also wins/losses by map. Something for my wish list...
09-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Glitch is definitely my favorite map. Win most of my games there even as P2. Foundry used to be my least favorite due to P2 issues but maybe it's better now, I haven't played it as P2 since the patch.

I enjoy all the other maps except SvS on Sharkfood as P2. Getting to set up a bombshell one turn earlier is huge on that map.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-12-2012, 06:25 AM
I feel strong on Sharkfood and Peekaboo. Getting better at long nine... I don't think I'm very good at foundry, sweetie plains, or Glitch. I just don't feel I have good strategies to employ a lot of the time. I think that will come with more playtime.