Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
"Heavy" isn't worth the costs
10-14-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: "Heavy" isn't worth the costs
Looks like heavy is a close battle between 4 wits and 3 wits...

A suggestion from me is to make the numbers bigger, so things can get specific.
E.G, everything is multiplied by 2. Soldiers would have 6 hp, cost 4 wits, etc. This means a heavy can do 6 damage and cost 8. But now with this more wide range of numbers, the heavy can be reduced to 7. This, if not multiplied by two, would be 3.5, effectively lowering the cost of heavies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM
(10-12-2012 04:16 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  Interesting idea but I think it's essentially a wash in terms of increasing heavy value. It basically shifts the heavy from a tank to DPS. Without the healer, the heavy is an easy kill.

I dunno. As it is now a heavy costs 2 more wits to spawn than a soldier.

If there was no medic...

-To kill a 3hp soldier with a heavy takes 2 wits (1 to move, 1 to attack)

-To kill a 4 hp heavy you need 2 attacking units no matter what. No unit does more than 3 damage. Not only do you need 2 units, but it takes 4 wits to kill (move 1, attack 1, move 2 attack 2).

That initial 2 wit investment is made up pretty quickly. It's the 4hp soldiers that cause the problem, both with this heavy situation and with turtling. You always need 2 units to attack them no matter what.

Would the game balance be changed for the better if the heavy did 4 damage?
10-15-2012, 12:14 AM
the 4 damage for the heavy sounds great. but it seems a bit too powerful. it can almost 1 hit a base.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Toooooooo powerful. It can kill a boosted soldier/boosted bombshell when shelled/normal heavy... And like TheQwertiest said, it can almost one hit a base.

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue
10-15-2012, 12:38 AM
im not closed to the idea. but it would need alot of balancing and testing.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-15-2012, 04:35 AM
Personally my favorite suggestion so far is to make it so that the heavy gives +1 wits per kill but that no other unit does.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-16-2012, 06:08 AM
CombatEX's proposal is interesting. The problem with the heavy is that movement points are just about the scarcest resource in this game and low movement is the heavy's biggest drawback. By gaining witpoints for kills, it reduces the investment in moving the heavy away from your spawn point toward combat.

Nice creative thinking CombatEX!
10-20-2012, 07:43 PM
I actually don't see a problem with the heavy unit. It is not as versatile as the soldier, thats agreed but if played right a team of a runner, a heavy and a medic can be a matchwinning force. We should be careful to demand rebalancings of the unit strengths as the current setup is already very balanced and one of the striking advantages of Outwitters over competing strategy games is its clean, simple and well balanced concept.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I think although heavies don't come from spawn points as often as soldiers and snipers, I still find them vital in certain circumstances. A buffed heavy is a good wall for defense and it can deal with unbuffed soldier in a single chew. Compared to snipers, though snipers can also do 3 damages, but with slow move and low HP, snipers need other units to protect them since the opponent (almost) surely try to target snipers before something else it can be easily killed compared to heavies.
12-22-2012, 01:31 PM
(12-22-2012 12:53 PM)vegaprom Wrote:  I think although heavies don't come from spawn points as often as soldiers and snipers, I still find them vital in certain circumstances. A buffed heavy is a good wall for defense and it can deal with unbuffed soldier in a single chew. Compared to snipers, though snipers can also do 3 damages, but with slow move and low HP, snipers need other units to protect them since the opponent (almost) surely try to target snipers before something else it can be easily killed compared to heavies.

Snipers > heavies

Cost one less wit
They attack at cost of 1 a lot of times, this is a huge advantage especially with the +1 on kill, meaning if you kill something you did not lose any wits.
Although they move slower their range is farther.
Even though u have to defend snipers, in large attacks you won't be sending a unit on its own so in these situations those "defenders" should have already been there.

I'm sure some other people can think of more reasons why snipers > heavies.

This being said I would only rather have a predeployed sniper over a predeployed heavy if I'm adorables.