Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work
06-09-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work
It's important to remember that "nooby" strategies don't work when you react to them correctly.

I remember when I was 13 or 14 and I was really into chess, and reading chess books and such. I was playing a game against my brother and he got his Queen out right away and went on the offensive with it. I remembered reading somewhere at length that getting your queen out early was a bad idea, so I smiled to myself and thought " ha, he's losing already". He then proceeded to tear me to peices with it. I knew it was a bad idea, but I had no idea how to properly counter it at the time

This example serves to illustrate that it's not enough to know that a strategy is bad, but why it's bad and how to counter it. If an opponent is spamming heavies, you need to know how to deal with them; it's going to require a shift in your own strategy.

It's also not a bad idea to go against the meta occasionally: if everything thinks heavies are a bad idea, they won't prepare for them, so having a surprise heavy behind some soldiers can sometimes completely throw an opponent.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - amoffett11 - 06-09-2014 02:03 AM