One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

Pages: 1 2

Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - LegacyofEight - 06-08-2014 02:44 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAivLUsAsM

How did he win by heavy spam? Heavies are not very economical wit-wise, but when I see a boosted heavy I usually back up and wait until a more opportune chance to kill it. Is their something wrong with my strategy?

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Flarp55 - 06-08-2014 02:59 PM

Turn 6 was bad. You basically gave him a free kill. You used up 3 wits and it cost him 4-5 i think. But the soldier was worth 4 wits before you moved it (see Necrocat's guide). On turn 8 you continue to sacrifice two more runners and a soldier. You can't randomly attack that. A good rule of thumb is to never attack a unit unless you kill it or you're sure you can kill it next turn.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - HuskyPete - 06-08-2014 11:44 PM

Heavies are good against veggies

But yeah what Bbobb said. You kind of rushed to your death. You would have been better served making those lumbering heavies move a bit.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Flarp55 - 06-09-2014 01:06 AM

How are heavies good against veggies? I always use boosted soldiers and lots of BSes (scally) or a single mobi (adorables)

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - amoffett11 - 06-09-2014 02:03 AM

It's important to remember that "nooby" strategies don't work when you react to them correctly.

I remember when I was 13 or 14 and I was really into chess, and reading chess books and such. I was playing a game against my brother and he got his Queen out right away and went on the offensive with it. I remembered reading somewhere at length that getting your queen out early was a bad idea, so I smiled to myself and thought " ha, he's losing already". He then proceeded to tear me to peices with it. I knew it was a bad idea, but I had no idea how to properly counter it at the time

This example serves to illustrate that it's not enough to know that a strategy is bad, but why it's bad and how to counter it. If an opponent is spamming heavies, you need to know how to deal with them; it's going to require a shift in your own strategy.

It's also not a bad idea to go against the meta occasionally: if everything thinks heavies are a bad idea, they won't prepare for them, so having a surprise heavy behind some soldiers can sometimes completely throw an opponent.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Extreme Ghost - 06-09-2014 02:42 PM

Gods help us all I'm have to agree with Bbobb!!
Exactly what makes heavies good vs veggies ? XD
I would love a demonstration on this if ur up for it haha

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - HuskyPete - 06-09-2014 10:19 PM

Heavies are good against veggies because a thorn only guys for 1. Obviously you don't want to cross a huge map with heavies but on peekaboo or sweet tooth, heavies will ruin a brambles day.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Demon - 06-10-2014 01:05 AM

I prefer boosted soldiers against thorns rather than heavies. Cheaper, moves farther, only 1 less health. Still kills thorns 1 shot.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - Chemoeum - 06-10-2014 01:16 AM

(06-10-2014 01:05 AM)Demon Wrote:  I prefer boosted soldiers against thorns rather than heavies. Cheaper, moves farther, only 1 less health. Still kills thorns 1 shot.

Unless boosted, which is unlikely.

RE: Nooby Strategies that Kinda Work - The Great Habudabi - 06-10-2014 01:50 PM

I'm going to throw my lot in with the other two Super-Titan that have weighed in and say some boosted Heavy against Veggies can go a long way. Very useful on a map with tight spaces like Reaper.