Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Where are my losses listed? Game statistics
07-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Where are my losses listed? Game statistics
I just lost my fist game but I can't find a stat about it.

When I click on profile I see that I won 41 games but the loss is not listed.

Do I habe to write it on paper or why is this information missed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 05:17 AM by Mowmail.)
RE: Where are my losses listed? Game statistics
Yes, you will have to write it down. Currently outwitters doesn't track your losses. Only your wins.
07-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Oh my... Let me guess: its because some marketing people said to the developers:

Its bad for business when some cruel player see how much games they loss. They may stop playing because of that.

Its this stupid reason. I bet on it Sad
07-15-2012, 05:38 AM
No, but I think that it will be avalible in a future update
07-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Whether some marketing person said it or not, it's true, having a losing record is depressing.

My suggestion - track w/l by league of your opponent. Then hopefully you'll be able to say, yea, I'm 1-10 vs Super Titan, but at least I'm 6-3 against players in my own league. It'd take a bit of thought as to how to show it and still have the profile pages look as nice as they do, but I'm sure it can be done.
07-15-2012, 06:24 AM
(07-15-2012 05:26 AM)calmon Wrote:  Oh my... Let me guess: its because some marketing people said to the developers:

Its bad for business when some cruel player see how much games they loss. They may stop playing because of that.

I don't think that it requires marketing experts to know that.

That could probably be the reason for the number not to be there. Also it's some kind of UI problem I guess because you wouldn't wanna put it directly onto your profile page since everybody could see it and laugh at you.

Whatever the case, I don't mind that I don't know the frequency of my losses. I can only roughly estimate the percentage of won games and that's enough. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-15-2012, 06:25 AM
(07-15-2012 05:26 AM)calmon Wrote:  Oh my... Let me guess: its because some marketing people said to the developers:

Its this stupid reason. I bet on it Sad

we don't have a marketing department :|. Maybe I can hire my cat for marketing head.

The reasoning is 2 fold:
1. Yes, it's not encouraging to see a ton of losses if you're in the lower leagues. We're trying to encourage people to play in the leagues, not beat them with a stick when they are simply learning.

2. Given how the matchmaking system should work, within a few weeks your w/l will trend to 50/50. Making a w/l display almost meaningless as it hovers around 47-52%. The only players that would consistently get 50%+ are top master and super titan players.

That said, we're open to showing w/l for top tier players who might benefit the most from such a statistic in the future.
07-15-2012, 07:06 AM
mkaen I just hoped to have a strategy game but its again filled with people who not even understand first player bonus and people who have problems with losses.
07-15-2012, 07:21 AM
For the top tier players, who are going to wind up playing each other a lot by the nature of the matching system, what you want to know is your record against a particular person. Maybe add that to the profile pages - if you've ever played someone before, show your record vs them. Maybe even a complete list of games too - then the obsessives among us can go over what worked and didn't
work last time.

Yes, you can keep notes yourself on all the stuff, but having the game track it yourself would be nice.

The record vs league would not trend to 50-50 for the leagues above or below you, either.
07-15-2012, 07:37 AM
I would love to see stats showing

- total losses & wins
- losses & wins for each map w/ ratio
- opponent played history
- total turns / maps