2 Days - Yes 28.72% 56 28.72%
4 Days - keep it the same 24.62% 48 24.62%
3 Days - A little bit of A and B 46.67% 91 46.67%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing Time Limit for Turns
01-03-2014, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 10:52 PM by Phillip.)
RE: Reducing Time Limit for Turns
Shorter time limit would end up having more games get forfeited because of a vacation or work trip where you don't bring your device with you.

The actual complaint is probably people with not enough allowable games. If you get the 20+ games, having one/two stuck for a few days isn't bad (5-10%) if you only get the initial five it stinks (20-40%). For a new person, the 5 games can leave them without that instant gratification if they get a few stuck.

Maybe it just needs a more obvious " game will be forfeited in 2 days" since the players may not realize there is a 4 day limit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 11:09 PM
I think the new time out should be only set for ladde games and not friendly ones Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I votes for two, but I would be fine with 3. I do think it needs to be reduced, and a countdown timer rather than a count-up timer also. But I really think it should be reduced because I end up with a lot of "stale" games that take up one of my game slots with an opponent that moves every 4 days.

01-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I am annoyed by people. Every person I am currently playing. Taking days to make every single move. Some seem to wait the Max amount of time to go just about every move. Majority of the stress I feel is from people purposely slow playing a game they are at a disadvantage. But you make one mistake and they can't move fast enough. My recommendation is "Don't be that guy" you may be higher rated than me but you have lost my respect. I try very hard to move promptly. We should not have to be having this discussion, people should be more considerate of others. 2 days is my vote
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Is the 6 day issue fixed?! I thought I saw That in one post. Since I have played this game, I have never seen a timeout occur before I saw 6 days on the timer.

01-04-2014, 12:17 AM
2 days is plenty if time! If you can't find a few minutes to take your turns in 48 hours you deserve to lose. It really has been my biggest frustration with this game since the beginning. At least it isn't still 7 days.

But seriously...2 days is still a lot of time! Yeah, I've been on vacation without internet and forfeited all my turns..it stunk! But it isn't fair to my opponents to have to wait (and therefore not get to play) just because I am unavailable. That is selfish!

Any player of this game will tell you how annoying it is to wait and wait for people to take their turns. Let's shorten it to 2 days and provide motivation for people to actually go!
01-04-2014, 12:18 AM
(01-04-2014 12:00 AM)slambop Wrote:  I am annoyed by people. Every person I am currently playing. Taking days to make every single move. Some seem to wait the Max amount of time to go just about every move. Majority of the stress I feel is from people purposely slow playing a game they are at a disadvantage. But you make one mistake and they can't move fast enough. My recommendation is "Don't be that guy" you may be higher rated than me but you have lost my respect. I try very hard to move promptly. We should not have to be having this discussion, people should be more considerate of others. 2 days is my vote

You should consider also that a lot of Outwitters players are maybe not "gamers". They have families, big responsibilities at work and when they don't answer fast, it's not because they are doing it on purpose. Try to be less annoyed by that :-).
01-04-2014, 12:37 AM
3 days should be fine, but I think there should be timed games also. Some people want to play. Some have too much to do to be as active. Instead of meeting in the middle by trying to make more happy just make a timer option. Set the default for three days. Fixing the timeout bug should be great also. I'm not sure what peoples ideas of blitz are, but keeping 20 games on the queue against other people who want to play fast is very time consuming. I'm not sure that any kind of super fast or almost live game can be in the cards, but I think an understanding of only an hour or less or a few hours per move should speed games up. If you do add a timer for quicker games, it would be nice to give a pause per game in case of emergencys, sleep, life, etc.

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
01-04-2014, 12:38 AM
What would be really really amazing is if friendlies had options. So you could set your own timeout.
I'm not a programmer so have no idea if that would be a big or little thing.

Suggestions for other friendly rule options

Spawn no *insert particular unit here*
Spawn only *insert particular unit here*
No Specials
Unable to move/attack with pre-deployed units
No pre-deployed units
Start with Double Wits
Double wits per turn
Spawn 2 from each spawn per turn
Only use one or other spawn per turn (on 2 spawn maps)
Double Witspace value
Randomise team choice

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
01-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I vote for an accurate 4-day limit. When you get close to the limit, it would be nice to know how much time is left. Maybe how much time is left could be included in the notification. Ideally, we'd see the time left in the client, but I assume that might require a new client release.