Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
Alright, I might be on to something, either that or I'm really tired. What about a character, ducks?, that blows a bubble rendering an opponent inoperable until their bubble is popped by the action of being "hit" by its teammate. Perhaps these bubbles could be shot up to two hexes away.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
(03-19-2013 03:22 PM)baopu Wrote:  Alright, I might be on to something, either that or I'm really tired. What about a character, ducks?, that blows a bubble rendering an opponent inoperable until their bubble is popped by the action of being "hit" by its teammate. Perhaps these bubbles could be shot up to two hexes away.
Afraid I think we had that with the Soap Bubble team Tongue

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
03-20-2013, 04:24 AM
I was thinking more about it. I'd like to see an all poultry team. Maybe something like:

Runner - ostrich or pheasant, maybe a cornish game hen
Soldier - Canadian goose in a Mounty uniform
Medic - white swan with a red cross band on its wing
Sniper - hen that shoots eggs
Heavy - fat turkey (pilgrim hat?)
Special - duck
* duck shoots bubbles that incapacitate the opponent. Opponent cannot move for number of turns equaling the number of wits it takes to create that character or until a character of equal wit requirement breaks the bubble.
- runner = incapacitated by bubble for 1 turn OR bubble can be broken by another runner, soldier, sniper, heavy or special.
- soldier = incapacitated by bubble for 2 turns OR bubble can be broken by two runners, another soldier, sniper, heavy or special.
- sniper = incapacitated by bubble for 3 turns OR bubble can be broken by 3 runners, 1 runner + 1 solider, another sniper, heavy or special.
- heavy = incapacitated by bubble for 4 turns OR bubble can be broken by four runners, two soliders, sniper + runner, another heavy or special
- special = incapacitated by bubble for 7 turns OR bubble can be broken by 7 runners, 2 soldiers and 1 sniper, 1 heavy and 1 sniper, 2 snipers and 1 runner, another special.

Get it?

03-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Umm... No? Tongue I think it's not a very good idea - in that case soldiers would be far too OP. Imo it should last for a fixed time like 2 turns, no matter who's the target. But I personally really like the idea, and I would pretty like to play a team of hens... Lol. Their maps should definitely be farmer-themed.
03-20-2013, 04:53 AM
(03-20-2013 04:50 AM)Piko Wrote:  Umm... No? Tongue I think it's not a very good idea - in that case soldiers would be far too OP. Imo it should last for a fixed time like 2 turns, no matter who's the target. But I personally really like the idea, and I would pretty like to play a team of hens... Lol. Their maps should definitely be farmer-themed.

Right! I'd like to see a cloud of feathers when a poultry unit gets axed :,D

buk buk buk ba-gwak!

03-20-2013, 05:06 AM
(03-20-2013 04:24 AM)baopu Wrote:  I was thinking more about it. I'd like to see an all poultry team. Maybe something like:

Runner - ostrich or pheasant, maybe a cornish game hen
Soldier - Canadian goose in a Mounty uniform
Medic - white swan with a red cross band on its wing
Sniper - hen that shoots eggs
Heavy - fat turkey (pilgrim hat?)
Special - duck
* duck shoots bubbles that incapacitate the opponent. Opponent cannot move for number of turns equaling the number of wits it takes to create that character or until a character of equal wit requirement breaks the bubble.
- runner = incapacitated by bubble for 1 turn OR bubble can be broken by another runner, soldier, sniper, heavy or special.
- soldier = incapacitated by bubble for 2 turns OR bubble can be broken by two runners, another soldier, sniper, heavy or special.
- sniper = incapacitated by bubble for 3 turns OR bubble can be broken by 3 runners, 1 runner + 1 solider, another sniper, heavy or special.
- heavy = incapacitated by bubble for 4 turns OR bubble can be broken by four runners, two soliders, sniper + runner, another heavy or special
- special = incapacitated by bubble for 7 turns OR bubble can be broken by 7 runners, 2 soldiers and 1 sniper, 1 heavy and 1 sniper, 2 snipers and 1 runner, another special.

Get it?
That I like. However, I think that the imprisonment of the special is definitely overpowered, sadly, and so's the heavy. Perhaps three turns imprisoned for all units would work better?
Also, I'm assuming the pilgrim hat and Mounty uniform are American things Tongue

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
03-20-2013, 05:56 AM
Also, I'm assuming the pilgrim hat and Mounty uniform are American things Tongue
[/quote]

Pilgrim is American. You know like Thanksgiving? Mountie is for the Canadian horse mounted police.

03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
(03-19-2013 03:25 PM)KingOfThorns Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 03:22 PM)baopu Wrote:  Alright, I might be on to something, either that or I'm really tired. What about a character, ducks?, that blows a bubble rendering an opponent inoperable until their bubble is popped by the action of being "hit" by its teammate. Perhaps these bubbles could be shot up to two hexes away.
Afraid I think we had that with the Soap Bubble team Tongue

That was my team idea. I couldn't think of anything for the other units and each Soap Bubble is spawned separately so you don't have to worry about a special that immobilizes one of your units every turn.

(02-28-2013 12:28 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I didn't really think of this in depth but i have this so far.

Runner- ???
Soldier- ??? - Holds a soap bubble wand
Medic- ???
Sniper- ???
Heavy- ???

Special- Soap Bubble: Moves-4 HP-2 Special- Consume
The Soap Bubble can jump on an enemy unit and consume it and get +1 wit. The Soap Bubble can move again after it consumes a unit. If the Soap Bubble gets killed, the unit inside falls out and takes the place if the Soap Bubble. The kidnapped unit will stay in the Soap Bubble until you kill it. The unit can still see normally but it can't move. Your units can attack the kidnapped unit while its still in the Soap Bubble.

Any ideas about the other units?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
I would've liked a mushroom team, but beacuse the Veggie's medic is one already (which isn't a plant!), I can't...o

03-20-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 10:36 AM by advakharia95.)
Update to original post! Smile
To see changes, an "update" list is located towards the bottom of that post.