Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-11-2012, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 10:37 AM by advakharia95.)
New Teams/Character Ideas
This thread is specifically for the suggestions of new character ideas or full teams. I know we already have a suggestions thread but I wanted one specifically for this topic.

I already have three ideas for full teams:
The Spookies
Runner: Bat or Vampire Bat (The vampire bat would be a vampire but when s/he starts to fly, it turns into a bat, and then back to vampire once landed. Or to keep it simple, just a bat all the time.)
Soldier: Skeleton
Medic: Mummy (The mummy would wrap and then unwrap the unit being healed with mummy tape!)
Sniper: Lich (A lich is an undead magician who usually holds a staff to cast spells... for those of you who do not know.)
Heavy: Zombie
Special: Ghost
---Health: 1
---Moves: 3
---Damage: N/A
---Ability: Invisible Cloak (Makes any adjacent teammate invisible for two turns. {I said two because it usually takes that many turns to get into enemy territory}. The teammate loses invisibility if it attacks or opponent tries to move to occupied spot.)

The Critters (Original idea is from FreakyMan777, this one is my revised version.)
Runner: Cockroach
Soldier: Ant (standing on two legs)
Medic: Queen Bee
Sniper: Dung Beetle (throws dung)
Heavy: Rhinoceros Beetle
Special: Mosquito
---Health: 4
---Speed: 3
---Damage: N/A
---Ability: Disease (Infects enemy unit. Unit that is diseased loses 1hp per turn. This disease damage occurs at the END of YOUR turn. Reason for that is so the unit can still block your movement for at least one extra turn till it dies, therefore, it is more balancing. Diseased unit can be healed but the disease effect still remains.)

The Diggers (Original idea is from Riko, this one is my revised version.)
Runner: Gerbil
Soldier: Groundhog
Medic: Meerkat
Sniper: King Cobra (spits venom)
Heavy: Armadillo
Special: Honey Badger
---Health: 3
---Speed: 2
---Damage: 2
---Ability: Double Trouble (Moves twice and attacks twice. Each move and each attack still take one wit to execute.)

UPDATE:
  • Changed name of first team from "Undead" to "Spookies"
  • Revised the special abilities for first two teams for better balancing
  • Changed health and speed of special in second team for better balancing
  • Added new team "The Diggers"

Anyone like the ideas?
And of course, post your own suggestions, single units or full teams!!! I know I want to read some and I'm sure the awesome developers Adam and Alex do too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
Well, the plant team is under development. You had some pretty good ideas there Big Grin

I don't have any ideas for teams, but I hope in the future there can be a team with a special that can modify terrain ( raise and lower walls, make holes and fill them up) That would be a very unique special unit!
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
I have read some speculation of the plant team, I wonder what the creatures and the special will be! Pretty excited for it Smile

Question for you Fluffy, or anyone else who can answer it...
How could you balance that though?
I am not shunning your idea, I think it is cool in fact, but just some questions.
If the enemy delays in destroying your special, you can end up building a wall around your base and cut the enemy off in a variety of spots...
I have a few thoughts of balancing your idea myself.
The walls would only stay active for 1 turn if it was adjacent to your base or 2 turns if it was not adjacent to your base. And another possibility, the special could only augment the terrain adjacent to him.
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
(07-11-2012 10:26 AM)advakharia95 Wrote:  I have read some speculation of the plant team, I wonder what the creatures and the special will be! Pretty excited for it Smile

I am not shunning your idea, I think it is cool in fact, but just some questions.
If the enemy delays in destroying your special, you can end up building a wall around your base and cut the enemy off in a variety of spots...
The walls would only stay active for 1 turn if it was adjacent to your base or 2 turns if it was not adjacent to your base. And another possibility, the special could only augment the terrain adjacent to him.

Sure...how do you come up with these ideas just like that!?
07-11-2012, 10:39 AM
(07-11-2012 10:36 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 10:26 AM)advakharia95 Wrote:  I have read some speculation of the plant team, I wonder what the creatures and the special will be! Pretty excited for it Smile

Sure...how do you come up with these ideas just like that!?

Haha, I'm pretty sure that was a compliment so thanks!
The main question with everything... is it overpowered or is it underpowered, and then you just address the issue Smile

So do you have any idea what the creatures are going to the the plant team?
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I dunno, but I saw some photos of the soldier. It looked like a green person wearing a tree stump on his face. I think there would be a flower as a runner, because the honestly, what would plants be without flowers? I think the heavy might be a tree. With arms. And as for the healer....an aloe Vera plant or any other type of healing herb :3
07-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds interesting! What really is the keyfactor in the teams is the different special though! I have two ideas of what the special could do if it was a tree-like thing.
One: Binding, it could an enemy so they couldn't move.
Two: The terrain thing you mentioned... It could use it's roots as walls!
But like I said, those are just 2 possibilities that I came up with out of the endless ones they can choose from!
07-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Omg I just watched a replay in which you just won X3 I feel so special talking to a super Titan.

Maybe it could spit out a seed onto an adjacent tile which will turn into an extremely weak sapling in 1 turn?
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 11:28 AM by advakharia95.)
I'm guessing you watched the game between Ronhanson and me. As for the Super-Titan, thanks, and I'm glad I'm talking to someone who has great ideas for the game... such as the one you just said!
So would would this sapling be? Health, movement, damage? Please explain, that's the whole reason behind this thread Smile
And you just said you watched the replay... By any chance, do you know if you can do that on a browser on a computer (PC). I've tried IE, Safari, and my favorite Google Chrome but none work. The only way I found to watch replays is to click on the link on the iDevices which is unfortunate Sad
07-11-2012, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 11:48 AM by Fluffysox.)
Health 1
Speed 2
Damage 1
Will only last for 3 turns (2 of your turns, one f your opponents)
Oh, and the only way to watch is through the actual outwitters app.
Edit: what's your gc name? I must have a try at losing to a Super Titan!