Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
03-31-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 04:28 PM by KingOfThorns.)
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
(03-31-2013 04:11 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Arcane

Runner: Magician that Jumps Around
Soldier: Mage with a Scepter (it looks like a wooden stick but with a stone on top)
Medic: Sorcerer with a Vial of Healing Potion
Sniper: Wizard with a Crystal Ball (that zaps magic)
Heavy: Caster with Magical Hands (that throws shadow orbs or sparkly spheres or fireballs or real balls just kidding or something like that, you decide)fireballs.

Special: Warlock with a Spell Book

HP: 2
Moves: 4
Ability: Rotation

The warlock will hold the spell book in the air and it will glow and rotate only units within 1 space around him for 1 wit.
Example: If there is an enemy soldier on the top space and allied runner on the bottom space, the warlock can rotate the unit placements of them 3 spaces clockwise so their positions are swapped. If there is an allied heavy on the top space and an obstacle on the bottom space, he cannot rotate the unit placements 3 spaces clockwise because that would make the heavy stand on the obstacle, which is impossible.

I hope you guys comment on this idea unlike my other one because i thought hard on this one unlike my other one.
I'm a fan Smile I think it would open up a lot of strategic elements regarding position - if I have a unit next to your base, Warlock (can I suggest the name Archmage as better?) can switch it away! I think this would require planning to use, instead of thorn-spamming, dropping BS or...well, Mobi requires skill too Big Grin

(03-31-2013 02:28 PM)TheBitPilot Wrote:  Just thought of one that I think could be fun. An alien race whose special (The Overlord) has the ability to clone any (same team) units adjacent to it. These cloned units would look exactly like the other unit , but would actually only have 1HP and would lack the ability to attack. Haven't put much thought into how strong the special would be or how far it could move, but thought it would be interesting to see what strategies this team could use. It would be funny to rush a bunch of clones to one side while you try to sneak in on the other. You could also have the clones mixed in with your normal units and make it a guessing game for your opponent. Also would be fun to set up traps for your opponents, like placing a cloned sniper within reach of your opponents soldier only to lure him in and then hit him with the real one. What do you guys think?
Interesting, but less so than Warlock/Archmage. That's not to say it doesn't have possibilities, but I think it's too similar to Scrambler Tongue

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 06:19 PM by ElPared.)
(03-31-2013 02:28 PM)TheBitPilot Wrote:  Just thought of one that I think could be fun. An alien race whose special (The Overlord) has the ability to clone any (same team) units adjacent to it. These cloned units would look exactly like the other unit , but would actually only have 1HP and would lack the ability to attack. Haven't put much thought into how strong the special would be or how far it could move, but thought it would be interesting to see what strategies this team could use. It would be funny to rush a bunch of clones to one side while you try to sneak in on the other. You could also have the clones mixed in with your normal units and make it a guessing game for your opponent. Also would be fun to set up traps for your opponents, like placing a cloned sniper within reach of your opponents soldier only to lure him in and then hit him with the real one. What do you guys think?

so basically you want a ninja team who's special is Naruto and makes shadow clones? I like it

it would be fun if it worked like the Mobi, sort of (hear me out). You select the Naruto guy, and then you select any of your units on the map. It then makes a clone on each hex surrounging it (unless there's an obstacle on one of those hexes). Each clone has movement 5, 1 HP, 0 attack, and 0 vision (so you need scouts to see where you're going). The skill would come in knowing where your enemy's FOW was. If you cloned a Sniper, for example, your opponent would instantly know that the clone was not a real sniper if it suddenly moved 5 spaces toward them.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-01-2013, 01:34 AM
I realized there is a problem with rotating thorn patches.
Fix: You can't rotate a thorn patch more than 2 spaces away from its parent or child.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Btw bramble is really fucking difficult to use so don't say stuff like bramble spam is simple

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 11:37 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
It used to be easy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
please don't turn this into a bramble debate thread guys...

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Should the Warlock's HP be 3? 2 seems UP.

04-01-2013, 12:37 PM
(04-01-2013 12:17 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Should the Warlock's HP be 3? 2 seems UP.

I think he should have the same stats as the Mobi since he can't attack and their abilities are similar

04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
(04-01-2013 07:49 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  Btw bramble is really fucking difficult to use so don't say stuff like bramble spam is simple
No, no it isn't hard to use.

(04-01-2013 12:17 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Should the Warlock's HP be 3? 2 seems UP.
Probably - I think that making it one-shottable by a soldier it's rotated is too weak.

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
I see why your called King of Thorns.