Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrambled Bombshell
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Scrambled Bombshell
(04-07-2013 06:21 PM)ElPared Wrote:  that's my point. If Scrambled Bombshells could unshell, then shell to get to 3 HP it would mean the Scallywags player can too, which would make BS more OP than it is already

Well that's another topic. I would really see a slight diminish in the BS power. That's for another time.

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 11:15 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
(04-07-2013 02:05 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 01:56 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  It also shows that if you shoot a bomb where it would splash 2 base spaces, the base only loses 1 hp.
That's the same with normal BS, too.

I was talking about all Bombshells.
(04-07-2013 08:05 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 06:21 PM)ElPared Wrote:  that's my point. If Scrambled Bombshells could unshell, then shell to get to 3 HP it would mean the Scallywags player can too, which would make BS more OP than it is already

Well that's another topic. I would really see a slight diminish in the BS power. That's for another time.

Shelling is supposed to give Bombshell 2 more than it already has. So if a bombshell has 1 hp, shelling it will give it 2 more abd it'll have 3 hp. 2 hp bombshell will have 4 if shelled. If a shelled bombshell has 2 hp, unshelling it then shelling it will not make it have 3 hp

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-08-2013, 04:50 AM
(04-07-2013 11:02 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I was talking about all Bombshells.

Shelling is supposed to give Bombshell 2 more than it already has. So if a bombshell has 1 hp, shelling it will give it 2 more abd it'll have 3 hp. 2 hp bombshell will have 4 if shelled. If a shelled bombshell has 2 hp, unshelling it then shelling it will not make it have 3 hp
Well yes. And BS shouldn't be able to do two damage by splashing a base.

Yes. And BS should never regain health by shelling.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-08-2013, 06:00 AM
BS shouldn't be able to splash base at all.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
04-09-2013, 06:49 AM
(04-08-2013 06:00 AM)Ser Purple Wolf Wrote:  BS shouldn't be able to splash base at all.

BS shouldn't be able to do a lot of things, and this is one of them

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Like what? If you take away splash, Bombshell's just an expensive sniper. If you remove added shell defense instead of splash, he will be too vulnerable. If you decrease the range of Bombshell instead of removing added shell defense, Bombshell will be too easy to avoid. I think Bombshell is balanced already. We should buff Scrambler a bit and fix Bramble.

04-09-2013, 07:14 AM
SPW jsut said he shouldn't be able to splash *bases* kinda like how Bramble's thorns can't attack bases.

and I think the key to balancing BS is forcing it into being unarmored more often. like if you could unshell and move -or- move and shell, but not both, in the same turn, I think it would be balanced because you couldn't just build one and then move it whenever you had the wits, you'd have to defend its advance and be smarter about it. Maybe to compensate you could allow it to shell and fire in the same turn or something idk.

I think Bramble's pretty close to balanced though. I'd much rather have 3HP thorns without the ability to attack back, but v4 is fine IMO

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Those were nerf ideas that don't work. I don't see why Bombshells shouldn't be able to splash bases. Thorn patches shouldn't because Bramble could grow a chain every turn to attack the base. But you'd have to bring a Bombshell right up to the base to at least splash it and Bombshells can't shoot the same turn it shells. Plus it makes sense that thorns can't poke bases till its collapse but it doesn't make sense that the base is immune to the blast radius but gets damaged 3 hp by a direct impact. If a player could bring a Bombshell that close to a base, it was either scrambled or the base isn't defended. Or Mobied if its 2v2 games.

What were the things you think Bombshells shouldn't be able to do?

04-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Splash bases.

Blitz Beach is too broken now. Plz fix.