Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for those who 5-0'd Placements
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Question for those who 5-0'd Placements
What leagues were your opponents and what did you place in?

Is 5-0 guaranteed Masters or has anyone placed lower depending on their opponents?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements
5-0 and I also think 4-1 qualify for Master League.

Yet.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I went 4-1 into gifted. It may be that I started too many games before any were finished so my MMR (?) was picking low opponents.
07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Same as above. However I was quickly boosted to masters and immediately in the top 30. So not quite sure how ranking works of yet. Anyone else know specifics? Does going first factor in?
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

And yea, I'm worried about my MMR picking low opponents since I started all my games at pretty much the same time so I'm playing all unranked people...

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-09-2012, 12:06 PM
(07-09-2012 11:26 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

And yea, I'm worried about my MMR picking low opponents since I started all my games at pretty much the same time so I'm playing all unranked people...

What is MMR?
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:40 PM by metalsquid.)
I too went 4-1 into Gifted, then quickly promoted to Masters on my 7th game. Weird thing was, I lost the game that got me promoted. Would be nice to know how the ranking and matching system works behind the scenes.

EDIT: lost to a Gifted, not Clever player
07-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I went 4-1 and was placed in Clever. I won my next one and was promoted to Gifted.
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
(07-09-2012 12:06 PM)swimj Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 11:26 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

What is MMR?

Match Making Rating
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
4-1 and gifted. The order in which you win lose might also have an effect on placing (see the stickied topic by Alex). I won my first four games and lost my fifth. Could be wrong though.