One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements (/showthread.php?tid=202)

Pages: 1 2 3

Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - CombatEX - 07-09-2012 09:30 AM

What leagues were your opponents and what did you place in?

Is 5-0 guaranteed Masters or has anyone placed lower depending on their opponents?

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - Harti - 07-09-2012 09:42 AM

5-0 and I also think 4-1 qualify for Master League.

Yet.

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - Syvan - 07-09-2012 10:06 AM

I went 4-1 into gifted. It may be that I started too many games before any were finished so my MMR (?) was picking low opponents.

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - swimj - 07-09-2012 10:22 AM

Same as above. However I was quickly boosted to masters and immediately in the top 30. So not quite sure how ranking works of yet. Anyone else know specifics? Does going first factor in?

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - CombatEX - 07-09-2012 11:26 AM

hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

And yea, I'm worried about my MMR picking low opponents since I started all my games at pretty much the same time so I'm playing all unranked people...

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - swimj - 07-09-2012 12:06 PM

(07-09-2012 11:26 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

And yea, I'm worried about my MMR picking low opponents since I started all my games at pretty much the same time so I'm playing all unranked people...

What is MMR?

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - metalsquid - 07-09-2012 12:17 PM

I too went 4-1 into Gifted, then quickly promoted to Masters on my 7th game. Weird thing was, I lost the game that got me promoted. Would be nice to know how the ranking and matching system works behind the scenes.

EDIT: lost to a Gifted, not Clever player

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - MrUseless - 07-09-2012 12:48 PM

I went 4-1 and was placed in Clever. I won my next one and was promoted to Gifted.

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - Weary_ - 07-09-2012 05:44 PM

(07-09-2012 12:06 PM)swimj Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 11:26 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  hm ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I've won 2 games and am pretty sure I'll win at least 2 if not all 3 of the others (based on how the games are progressing so far). I just don't want to go 5-0 and place Gifted =P But oh well, I guess even if that happens I'll get promoted soon enough if I really deserve to be in Masters anyway.

What is MMR?

Match Making Rating

RE: Question for those who 5-0'd Placements - Stoltz1975 - 07-09-2012 06:43 PM

4-1 and gifted. The order in which you win lose might also have an effect on placing (see the stickied topic by Alex). I won my first four games and lost my fifth. Could be wrong though.