Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-release Outwitters
07-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Pre-release Outwitters
Hi all:
So now that Outwitters is finally out, I was wondering if OML or the beta testers had any cool, interesting pre-release stories they'd want to share. Like epic matches, crazy bugs, or things us normal players may not know about the game before its final form.
Thanks! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:01 AM by Harti.)
RE: Pre-release Outwitters
Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

So I'll just shout out what had been mentioned on the blog far in the past:
- The plants team got delayed to get the app out asap
- Mobi used to catapult units over pits. That didn't seem too useful except in stalemate situations which, in fact, never occurred.
- Scrambler was enormously overpowered (a no-brainer, so to say).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.
07-09-2012, 08:05 AM
(07-09-2012 07:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

Oh, good point. I didn't think of that, I'm sorry Sad
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
(07-09-2012 08:03 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.

I think that #1 on points has a lot to do with the fact that quite a few beta testers placed much lower than they should have since their wasn't a ladder reset upon official launch. As such these players are in lower leagues than they should be so it's only natural they will be rank 1 unit they are finally promoted.

For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?
07-09-2012, 08:10 AM
(07-09-2012 08:03 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.
I'm still working my way up there - wait for me!

There definitely are some beta-stories, but before Alex and Adam give the O.K. I think we should exercise ourselves in patience. They are rotating at 7.200 rpm as it is.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 08:14 AM
(07-09-2012 08:09 AM)Szei Wrote:  For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?

Even if it was in the game, we wouldn't be allowed to give any information to follow-up questions, so I currently don't see the point in answering this. Huh

I'm sorry! :O

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:17 AM by Szei.)
Haha, don't worry about it. Actually though, I wouldn't have any followup questions. It's just that if it was in beta in a semi-playable form (i.e. mostly done but maybe the special unit wasn't finished or some of the art wasn't complete/satisfactory), then it would mean the team is closer to release. If it was never in beta at all then we'll probably be waiting for quite a while longer.

But anyway, again, don't worry about it =)
07-09-2012, 08:53 AM
(07-09-2012 07:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

So I'll just shout out what had been mentioned on the blog far in the past:
- The plants team got delayed to get the app out asap
- Mobi used to catapult units over pits. That didn't seem too useful except in stalemate situations which, in fact, never occurred.
- Scrambler was enormously overpowered (a no-brainer, so to say).

Game is out, I don't see any issues sharing beta stories.
07-09-2012, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:56 AM by onealexleft.)
(07-09-2012 08:09 AM)Szei Wrote:  For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?

The plant team was never implemented. Some art assets were in concept/early stages but it never really went beyond that in terms of in-game playability. We chose early on to stick to a 3 team roster for launch so the plant team didn't make that initial cut.