One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Pre-release Outwitters - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Pre-release Outwitters (/showthread.php?tid=201)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pre-release Outwitters - The430nsT0rn - 07-09-2012 07:54 AM

Hi all:
So now that Outwitters is finally out, I was wondering if OML or the beta testers had any cool, interesting pre-release stories they'd want to share. Like epic matches, crazy bugs, or things us normal players may not know about the game before its final form.
Thanks! Smile

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - Harti - 07-09-2012 07:59 AM

Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

So I'll just shout out what had been mentioned on the blog far in the past:
- The plants team got delayed to get the app out asap
- Mobi used to catapult units over pits. That didn't seem too useful except in stalemate situations which, in fact, never occurred.
- Scrambler was enormously overpowered (a no-brainer, so to say).

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - ArtNJ - 07-09-2012 08:03 AM

I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - The430nsT0rn - 07-09-2012 08:05 AM

(07-09-2012 07:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

Oh, good point. I didn't think of that, I'm sorry Sad

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - Szei - 07-09-2012 08:09 AM

(07-09-2012 08:03 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.

I think that #1 on points has a lot to do with the fact that quite a few beta testers placed much lower than they should have since their wasn't a ladder reset upon official launch. As such these players are in lower leagues than they should be so it's only natural they will be rank 1 unit they are finally promoted.

For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - Kamikaze28 - 07-09-2012 08:10 AM

(07-09-2012 08:03 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm just shocked at how crazy strong the Beta group was. Yes, there is a learning curve, but the #1 on points in each of the top 3 Leagues is a former Beta tester.
I'm still working my way up there - wait for me!

There definitely are some beta-stories, but before Alex and Adam give the O.K. I think we should exercise ourselves in patience. They are rotating at 7.200 rpm as it is.

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - Harti - 07-09-2012 08:14 AM

(07-09-2012 08:09 AM)Szei Wrote:  For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?

Even if it was in the game, we wouldn't be allowed to give any information to follow-up questions, so I currently don't see the point in answering this. Huh

I'm sorry! :O

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - Szei - 07-09-2012 08:17 AM

Haha, don't worry about it. Actually though, I wouldn't have any followup questions. It's just that if it was in beta in a semi-playable form (i.e. mostly done but maybe the special unit wasn't finished or some of the art wasn't complete/satisfactory), then it would mean the team is closer to release. If it was never in beta at all then we'll probably be waiting for quite a while longer.

But anyway, again, don't worry about it =)

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - onealexleft - 07-09-2012 08:53 AM

(07-09-2012 07:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

So I'll just shout out what had been mentioned on the blog far in the past:
- The plants team got delayed to get the app out asap
- Mobi used to catapult units over pits. That didn't seem too useful except in stalemate situations which, in fact, never occurred.
- Scrambler was enormously overpowered (a no-brainer, so to say).

Game is out, I don't see any issues sharing beta stories.

RE: Pre-release Outwitters - onealexleft - 07-09-2012 08:55 AM

(07-09-2012 08:09 AM)Szei Wrote:  For this next part, only answer if you know you can do so, but was the plant team ever in the game? I know it got 'cut', but was it actually ever playable in any form?

The plant team was never implemented. Some art assets were in concept/early stages but it never really went beyond that in terms of in-game playability. We chose early on to stick to a 3 team roster for launch so the plant team didn't make that initial cut.