Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thorns inelegant
03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Thorns inelegant
Hello all. Time for me to bless you with my wisdom again.

State of the board can't be determined

Before Bramble, you could always tell what's up with the board at a glance. But now you can't, because the parent-thorn relationship is not shown. That's contrary to general design elegance and to every other unit in Outwitters.

So I propose that parent-child relationships are shown somehow, or that parent-child relationships don't exist.

What are you guys opinions on these facts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Thorns inelegant
Not that experienced on current version of thorns. If you recede a thorn, does its children also die?

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
(03-15-2013 01:30 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Not that experienced on current version of thorns. If you recede a thorn, does its children also die?

yes. And I agree garcia

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
(03-15-2013 01:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Hello all. Time for me to bless you with my wisdom again.

State of the board can't be determined

Before Bramble, you could always tell what's up with the board at a glance. But now you can't, because the parent-thorn relationship is not shown. That's contrary to general design elegance and to every other unit in Outwitters.

So I propose that parent-child relationships are shown somehow, or that parent-child relationships don't exist.

What are you guys opinions on these facts?

I would agree, but how do you remove the parent-child relationship without also strengthening he bramble further? If there's no parent-child relationship, then you can truly only kill one bramble at a time.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-15-2013, 09:33 PM
I think if you tap on a thorn patch, all it's daughters and grand daughters and great grand daughters and so on should get highlighted too.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Inelegant? Nonsense, I can play the skill-optional veggies while driving.
03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Inelegant is a good word. It is the only hidden status in he game. Everything else is visible. There are no hidden buffs like increased attack/defense power since it would take away from the simplicity.

Especially troublesome, since that is the main way to remove the thorns efficiently. If you can't tell where they begin, you spend the entire game hacking at branches, wasting wits on things that only cost one to spawn.
03-16-2013, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 12:59 AM by GreatGonzales.)
I can't think of an elegant way for OML to display parent/child status, because almost always a single thorn is both a parent AND a child.
Perhaps a parent thorn's children could be highlighted when you highlight a thorn to attack it....but then there is not highlighting, you just tap what you want to attack and it happens instantly. Would require fundamental change to the attacking mechanism.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-16-2013, 05:56 AM
As long as you have vision, you only need to watch the replay.

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
03-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Child,parent relationship could be shown if you select a thorn ...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.