One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Thorns inelegant - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Thorns inelegant (/showthread.php?tid=1912)

Pages: 1 2

Thorns inelegant - garcia1000 - 03-15-2013 01:25 PM

Hello all. Time for me to bless you with my wisdom again.

State of the board can't be determined

Before Bramble, you could always tell what's up with the board at a glance. But now you can't, because the parent-thorn relationship is not shown. That's contrary to general design elegance and to every other unit in Outwitters.

So I propose that parent-child relationships are shown somehow, or that parent-child relationships don't exist.

What are you guys opinions on these facts?

RE: Thorns inelegant - joelduque - 03-15-2013 01:30 PM

Not that experienced on current version of thorns. If you recede a thorn, does its children also die?

RE: Thorns inelegant - connor34911 - 03-15-2013 01:34 PM

(03-15-2013 01:30 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Not that experienced on current version of thorns. If you recede a thorn, does its children also die?

yes. And I agree garcia

RE: Thorns inelegant - amoffett11 - 03-15-2013 02:12 PM

(03-15-2013 01:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Hello all. Time for me to bless you with my wisdom again.

State of the board can't be determined

Before Bramble, you could always tell what's up with the board at a glance. But now you can't, because the parent-thorn relationship is not shown. That's contrary to general design elegance and to every other unit in Outwitters.

So I propose that parent-child relationships are shown somehow, or that parent-child relationships don't exist.

What are you guys opinions on these facts?

I would agree, but how do you remove the parent-child relationship without also strengthening he bramble further? If there's no parent-child relationship, then you can truly only kill one bramble at a time.

RE: Thorns inelegant - TheGoldenGriffin - 03-15-2013 09:33 PM

I think if you tap on a thorn patch, all it's daughters and grand daughters and great grand daughters and so on should get highlighted too.

RE: Thorns inelegant - Lenticularis824 - 03-15-2013 11:09 PM

Inelegant? Nonsense, I can play the skill-optional veggies while driving.

RE: Thorns inelegant - Phillip - 03-15-2013 11:32 PM

Inelegant is a good word. It is the only hidden status in he game. Everything else is visible. There are no hidden buffs like increased attack/defense power since it would take away from the simplicity.

Especially troublesome, since that is the main way to remove the thorns efficiently. If you can't tell where they begin, you spend the entire game hacking at branches, wasting wits on things that only cost one to spawn.

RE: Thorns inelegant - GreatGonzales - 03-16-2013 12:57 AM

I can't think of an elegant way for OML to display parent/child status, because almost always a single thorn is both a parent AND a child.
Perhaps a parent thorn's children could be highlighted when you highlight a thorn to attack it....but then there is not highlighting, you just tap what you want to attack and it happens instantly. Would require fundamental change to the attacking mechanism.

RE: Thorns inelegant - TheGense - 03-16-2013 05:56 AM

As long as you have vision, you only need to watch the replay.

RE: Thorns inelegant - =) Random Task (= - 03-16-2013 06:11 AM

Child,parent relationship could be shown if you select a thorn ...