Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaper is terrible
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Reaper is terrible
Reaper has to be one of the worst maps created. Everyone follows the Sniper rush strategy and there is almost NO way of winning if the other team is the Adorables... It's the most frustrating map and I believe there needs to be another spawn point added on the heavy side. It sucks and I hate getting that map cause there is no strategy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Reaper is terrible
Reaper is my favorite map and I think it actually is the most strategic map of them all...
All my games on Reaper are very chess-like and require a lot more thought out of me than any other map. Have to contemplate trades and really assess when to make a trade or retreat or something different altogether.
03-04-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 05:22 PM by ElPared.)
I agree with awpertunity since the Reaper rush is counterable especially now that everyone expects it.

you just gotta figure out how to counter the rush, and once you do it's not that hard to come back and win since usually a successful counter leaves them at a massive unit disadvantage.

if we're talking about terrible maps, I vote for Sweetie Plains. It's annoying that people can win just by harassing your side wit space (which is the same distance from both their side spawn and your center spawn), or by harassing your side spawn. Though the fix for that is pretty simple (they could just move the side spawns back one space.)

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM
If you're annoyed by what someone does to you, do the same thing to them but do it better!
03-04-2013, 11:22 PM
hey g_spell if you want we'll practice on reaper.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-04-2013, 11:49 PM
At least he cannot do Mobi rush against me Tongue, but I may lose other way haha.

Check out awpertunity post on reaper rush defense here

In my opinion, all STs and most Masters know how to counter this and this leaves Adorables unit disadvantage, means losing snipers/heavy and even worse Mobi. So, when playing against P1 Adorables DO NOT rush against them (they're always faster than you.), defense carefully then plan your attack.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
03-05-2013, 01:34 AM
I usually play as Adorables, and I enjoy playing on Reaper, but I never use a rush to win. I feel that it is too risky. Much safer to prepare a well supported attack plan and then execute it.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 03:05 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Reaper is seriously awesome, and if you can't counter the snipe rush that means you don't know how to defend. I don't even try to do the snipe rush anymore since if only there is one 4hp soldier well placed the snipe is condemned and useless. Ask me for a friendly if you want, but telling a strategy is unbeatable instead of trying to defend against it isn't a good way to improve, Wink there is currently NO unbeatable rush.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-05-2013, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 04:59 AM by Necrocat219.)
Reaper is just amazing, it's the best map. When I play Adorables on it I feel like I'm playing the 4 move checkmate that you get in chess - except it has no drawbacks. With the fastest games out of any maps by far it has a great amount of variety in the different openings and variations that can be made and it rewards people like me who love to memorize openings; that was the most fun thing about chess. I even have some sheets of paper with the openings printed out and most common variations that I can just follow as making even one slight mistake can be costly that gives the game something that no other map does.

/Sarcasm

Seriously I do have the moves on paper. It's not worth thinking and risking making a mistake to throw the game away

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-05-2013, 08:18 AM
I try the snipe rush every time I'm p1 on Reaper with Adorables. By the time you have your Mobi out you can usually tell if they can counter it or not. If they have a soldier there, I just leave my Mobi where it is and start working a different angle. It's risky because it does leave you at a unit disadvantage, but I'm kind of a risk/reward player in the early stages of games. That's why I like to play Feedback as well, taking chances with them can pay off big or backfire hard.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome