Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Turn 12, awper could do whatever he wanted, cuz you let this very weak space totally empty Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 02:41 PM by bluharbour.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6-usAww

Thoughts

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yr4KrAww

Thoughts on another one

Master League 1v1
2v2 Top 200 #35 with Mag!cguy

04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Sweetie Plains is tough. I've found it's even tougher when your sniper's dead. People really like to attack that side wit space too as it's really hard to defend it if they have a well coordinated force aimed at it. Usually what I do as P2 is spend my first couple turns defending the side, and defending my middle spawn space with soldiers and/or heavies as it's easy for the other player to harass your squishier units with runners from their side spawn. Once that's set up I build up units on my own sie space. Usually if you can march a sniper down the side and defend it well you'll win. Works best with Adorables, but I've done it with Scallywags and Feedback too.

although SP is easily one of my worst maps next to Sharkfood so take that as you will.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-16-2013, 08:38 PM
(04-16-2013 03:50 PM)ElPared Wrote:  Sweetie Plains is tough. I've found it's even tougher when your sniper's dead. People really like to attack that side wit space too as it's really hard to defend it if they have a well coordinated force aimed at it. Usually what I do as P2 is spend my first couple turns defending the side, and defending my middle spawn space with soldiers and/or heavies as it's easy for the other player to harass your squishier units with runners from their side spawn. Once that's set up I build up units on my own sie space. Usually if you can march a sniper down the side and defend it well you'll win. Works best with Adorables, but I've done it with Scallywags and Feedback too.

although SP is easily one of my worst maps next to Sharkfood so take that as you will.

On sweetie plains the key is balancing attack and defense. You should be attacking from the start, even as P2! Protect your own sniper while threatening your opponents sniper. Take their witspace, kill their sniper, and go after the base! Whoever can do this most efficiently first wins.
04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yn_WzAww

Help please

Master League 1v1

04-17-2013, 02:28 PM
(04-17-2013 12:52 PM)Chapposam Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yn_WzAww

Help please

Doing well on this map comes from knowing and understand this map. The map at the top has a "back door" for snipers, so as seen by your opponent, a sniper is powerful. Also by knowing this map, the top is vulnerable. You need to get those soldiers up there early to control that top tunnel.

Also, covering spawns may be good, but taking a wit space can sometimes be more hurtful.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
(04-17-2013 12:52 PM)Chapposam Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yn_WzAww

Help please

your mistakes started as early as your first turn. You wasted your heavy by stealing your opponent's wit space with it, which might have been effective if you'd also covered his spawn space too, but that brings me to my next point:

I've won several games on Skull Duggery with only one spawn space. Often when my opponent covers the bottom spawn I do absolutely nothing to get it back. That's because you really only need the top spawn after the first few turns and it's generally not worth the trouble to get the bottom one back if you're in a winning position.

so to sum up, some general tips on Skull Duggery:

-Spawn at least 1 sniper. Usually the first person to get a sniper in the top "tunnel" area wins.
-Don't move your heavy down. He's much more useful for defending/attacking in the tunnel than anything else, especially if you boost him.
-Only defend your bottom spawn until you have a good presence in the tunnel. Once you're in a winning position in the tunnel, you can forget about it.

*notice these are all things your opponent did Wink

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-17-2013, 04:38 PM
(04-17-2013 03:26 PM)ElPared Wrote:  

Help please

your mistakes started as early as your first turn. You wasted your heavy by stealing your opponent's wit space with it, which might have been effective if you'd also covered his spawn space too, but that brings me to my next point:

I've won several games on Skull Duggery with only one spawn space. Often when my opponent covers the bottom spawn I do absolutely nothing to get it back. That's because you really only need the top spawn after the first few turns and it's generally not worth the trouble to get the bottom one back if you're in a winning position.

so to sum up, some general tips on Skull Duggery:

-Spawn at least 1 sniper. Usually the first person to get a sniper in the top "tunnel" area wins.
-Don't move your heavy down. He's much more useful for defending/attacking in the tunnel than anything else, especially if you boost him.
-Only defend your bottom spawn until you have a good presence in the tunnel. Once you're in a winning position in the tunnel, you can forget about it.

*notice these are all things your opponent did Wink

Thanks for all the tips

Master League 1v1

04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
(04-17-2013 06:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

The only thing that I can tell that would have made a major difference would be that you were moving a lot of units around instead of creating units. So you were always at a unit deficiency. Then you kept moving your units around to defend attacks, and not able to replenish your unit supply well.

GC: TheGreatAnt