Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declare victory button
02-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Declare victory button
Reveals FOW to opponent, who then decides to reject or accept. ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: Declare victory button
(02-08-2013 11:10 PM)Ralphabetsoup Wrote:  Reveals FOW to opponent, who then decides to reject or accept. ?

Don't agree at all. They could just use that to see the fog of war, and set up a defense according to that.

[Image: PJz1ITK.gif]
02-09-2013, 12:55 AM
(02-09-2013 12:18 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 11:10 PM)Ralphabetsoup Wrote:  Reveals FOW to opponent, who then decides to reject or accept. ?

Don't agree at all. They could just use that to see the fog of war, and set up a defense according to that.

I think he means you choose to lift the fog for your opponent only (revealing the placement of your units), in order to reveal the fact that you have them beat. They could then choose to resign if they agree. I am not a fan of the idea for a couple of reasons. 1, it does seem a bit cocky to pull something like that; 2, it's a risky move. A hidden brain or mobi could quickly turn the tables, especially with full knowledge of your opponents whereabouts.
02-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Hilarious, but unnecessary.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-09-2013, 01:01 AM
It just doesn't add anything new to the game and creates a new button that is rarely used that clogs up the interface.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-09-2013, 02:16 AM
A "offer peace (tie)" button wouldn't be bad, in the cases of neverending games.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
02-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Maybe it is unnecessary. Endgames can be tiresome for both sides though, and checkmate is checkmate. As a separate point, pretty sure that another button wouldn't "clog" anything -- there are, what, 5 functions in that whole top row?
02-09-2013, 03:37 AM
(02-09-2013 02:43 AM)Ralphabetsoup Wrote:  Maybe it is unnecessary. Endgames can be tiresome for both sides though, and checkmate is checkmate.
While this is true, an enemy who doesn't realize nor acknowledge the checkmate probably isn't going to accept your victory declaration either.
I usually do give up when I noticed my unit count has dropped significantly, but sometimes I still see the possibility of mocking up an emergency defense and thusly wouldn't accept such a declaration. What is the moment when you know you've won? How do you know your opponent didn't bank 15 wits and will get a Scrambler and a Heavy out, for instance?

Quote:As a separate point, pretty sure that another button wouldn't "clog" anything -- there are, what, 5 functions in that whole top row?
You're probably playing on the iPad but there are iPhone users as well, and it actually *is* very cramped already.

Instead of your idea I'd much prefer a "offer tie" button instead of that.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Mea culpa on the ipad/iPhone thing. Honestly had thought it was just a scaled down version.

For the record, I'm a pretty mediocre player and am just as interested in ending futile games on the losing side as on the winning one.

When you know you've won/lost is an interesting question. Most often, single spawn maps are pretty easy to reckon from a few turns out. Dual spawn is more difficult, but if one becomes captured, things are remarkably simpler.
02-09-2013, 04:52 AM
I have never really been in a 'stalemate' situation before. Thrre is always a way to win somewhere

Super-Titan