Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idea...
12-29-2012, 07:52 AM
An idea...
Now that the clan craze has hit, a thought occurred as I was playing a friendly match against a clan mate. Why not have the "fog of war" optional in games like these? I mean, for the sake of training people and what not that would help substantially. Of course both players would have to consent. I dunno.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: An idea...
This has been brought up before, I would love for a fogless game mode, might be fun
And then it could be a board game Smile
Though it may take away a lot of fun and surprise, making it a bit bland
But for train purposes it might be useful, but could take a lot of work and bugs
Might be easier if someone else did it- like OSN but playable

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
12-29-2012, 10:32 AM
I actually wouldn't mind a toggle in Friendlies to turn off the FoW. In iPro, we do mentoring, and it would be pretty neat to let the pupils observe the way their mentor sets up and moves around during the game, instead of having to review the replays after-the-fact.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Surprised this thread got so little attention. I've just applied for Diamond League and I think this would be an awesome consideration as clans become more prominent. I have a feeling, based on Alex's recent comment that in-game clan integration wouldn't be until pretty far down the road, that it won't be considered as a worthy addition until that time comes. That said, I look forward to it happening!
12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
The problem I see with lifting the fog for training, is how dramatically it changes the game. Behaviors change when the fog is lifted and scouting is a huge part of the game.
12-31-2012, 07:18 PM
That's very true. And if you can't scout (or can't make a good enough army and scout at the same time) then you have to make educated guesses. Which are always fun. Smile

I AM THE 99.9997%!

01-01-2013, 01:27 AM
(12-31-2012 10:34 AM)incidesi Wrote:  Surprised this thread got so little attention. I've just applied for Diamond League and I think this would be an awesome consideration as clans become more prominent. I have a feeling, based on Alex's recent comment that in-game clan integration wouldn't be until pretty far down the road, that it won't be considered as a worthy addition until that time comes. That said, I look forward to it happening!

That was five months ago, he said more recently that clans would be better on the forums.

I think a fogless option would be good, although it would remind me way too much of chess and make me want to switch it off Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
(12-31-2012 07:18 PM)pookywb Wrote:  That's very true. And if you can't scout (or can't make a good enough army and scout at the same time) then you have to make educated guesses. Which are always fun. Smile

O yess, i have sooo many success stories from educated guessesTongue (sacrcasm)
Might be easier if noobs in training could just build, not scout.

Often my failure with scouting leads to my biggest problem, inaduquate knowledge about enimies line of sight, which leads to DEATH!

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos