Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill)
10-30-2012, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 07:36 PM by Samura|.)
Exclamation Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill)
I know there's been much less posted about FTA in 2v2, however I do think it exists although perhaps the magnitude may not immediately appear as large because your teammate can help out with defending weak spots and protecting medics (before P1 gets his turn again).

Mathematically, once bonus wit spaces are taken, the advantage is +6, 0, +6, 0, and so on.

The reason I'm raising this now is because of the +1 wit for kill. I know OML think it's a positive change for the game, and I'm personally undecided therefore am not resisting the change. However I do feel that this +1wit change does create some further incremental FTA. It rewards the attacker, and P1 (with P3) will always have more units on the field first. I'm less concerned about 1v1 because you will be addressing FTA by giving P2 8 wits. However, if nothing is done for 2v2, then the +1wit change could tilt the balance to make FTA quite severe in 2v2. As it is, there are maps where P1+P3 can rush the base v quickly (Machination springs to mind). The wit for kill change could tilt the wit balance towards +8, 0, +8, 0 (for a few turns), and make it very difficult to stop a P1+P3 rush (whilst also protecting your sniper etc).

Therefore please think about about also addressing 2v2 FTA in the next major update to avoid the problem of 2v2 being 'broken' until the next update. A reasonable fix would be for P2 to start with 7 wit, P4 with 6 wit. Therefore by turn 3, the wit balance would become +3, -3, +3, -3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alex&Adam: please also address FTA in 2v2 (given +1wit for kill) - Samura| - 10-30-2012 05:35 PM