Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: Buff?
(01-05-2013 07:25 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 07:22 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 07:12 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 07:05 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 07:02 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Rooting after uprooting on the same turn would be nice. The bombshell can do it. :/

Its idiotic that bombshell can and bramble cant.

This I like. Not sure that it's a big enough buff though?

No takers for the reducing bombshell vine splash and scrambler converting vines?

The problem with doing something that only effects one race, is it, well, only affects one matchup. I would be upset as a feedback player if there was one unit that i couldn't scramble, and it was only on one team. Same thing as a scallywags player if the only difference between a sniper and my special i worked so hard to protect suddenly disappears vs one unit.

While you have a point about the bombshell i still like the idea. I would also argue that the vines are a "barrier" not an actual unit, and should not be able to be scrambled anyways.

Another option would be to completely revamp it, make vines cost 2 wits to place but do one damage when attacked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 07:41 AM
We could all be wrong.

They could buff the bombshell to 5 health. Maybe the scrambler to 3?

Mobi can teleport for no wit cost?

[Just Kidding, hopefully]

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Mobi can jet a unit 2 hexes away Tongue

01-05-2013, 08:03 AM
It's going to be a buff to Bramble specifically. As to what it will be, we're experimenting internally right now and will hopefully have a beta for players to try in a few days.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
(01-05-2013 08:03 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  It's going to be a buff to Bramble specifically. As to what it will be, we're experimenting internally right now and will hopefully have a beta for players to try in a few days.

Will the beta for the next update only have previous beta testers or can new players sign up? Also does it matter their league?

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
01-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Here are couple buffs I can think of for the bramble:
* 1 wit to remove a thorn (and its children)
* be able to attack your own thorn just like your opponent can (if the above is too much).
01-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Heres a good buff I just thought of: Thorns cannot be attacked from range. I personally think that this would balance the scally vs veggienuat matchup. Only the scallies, essentially, destroy the veggies vines from a range. I think it would also limit the mobi's power more since right now the mobi has a little more diversity vs. veggies. Against feedback it probably wouldn't change anything which IMO is fine. Feedback vs. veggies is perfectly balanced.
I also support thrutchy's idea of allowing you own unit to attack a thorn to remove it. Also give it a plus one wit.
01-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Applying the wit per kill to thorns would ruin bramble.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I think he meant a wit would be returned if I killed my own bramble thorn.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-05-2013, 03:29 PM
(01-05-2013 08:49 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Here are couple buffs I can think of for the bramble:
* 1 wit to remove a thorn (and its children)
* be able to attack your own thorn just like your opponent can (if the above is too much).

For 2, instead of attacking it what if you could move a friendly unit onto the thorn, and this makes the thorn (but not any children) disappear. I think that'd give the veggies more flexability and attacking power. Right now if you don't have snipers out your opponent can move up to the thorns and stuff any forward movement and/or attacks.

Some sort of selective thorn removal would be good. Bad thorn placement can really screw you over, and uprooting everything to fix one bad thorn is painful.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma