One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Adorables vs Veggies - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Adorables vs Veggies (/showthread.php?tid=3639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Adorables vs Veggies - Flarp55 - 05-19-2014 08:15 AM

This thread is for general discussion of Adorables vs. Veggies. I feel adorables has an advantage if played right. To quote myself from another thread:
(05-19-2014 02:38 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(05-18-2014 01:40 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  The trick is to hit-and-run parent thorns with soldiers and slowly advance a soldier line.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgsX76QkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAvO6tuAoM

Also use snipers behind the soldier line. In fact this tip works on most maps.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA_PTxrwoM

I think adorables can beat veggies by simply massing soldiers and a few snipers. As an example, look at what I spawned in the above game:
https://outwittersgame.appspot.com/outwitters/gamestats?gameID=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA_PTxrwoM

2 runner
2 medic
2 mobi
33 soldiers
10 snipers

Also notice that though I rarely have a wit advantage as far as troops are concerned, I build up a strong positional advantage.

Someone challenge me as veggies against adorables.

Some more of my matches:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAvJbIsQkM
fun ending, see turn 23 onwards

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA_Lbc_QgM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzNifzQgM
A win as veggies. His mistake was his early attack.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArMOj3AkM

I'm open to any AvV challenges but post in this thread before starting a game so that I know to play Adorables (or veggies if requested)

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - The Great Habudabi - 05-19-2014 09:11 AM

Sending you a Thorn Gulley request, me as Veggies. Good luck. Smile

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Extreme Ghost - 05-19-2014 12:24 PM

My without BS ? statement wasn't cuz I didn't know what BS stood for .....
It was cuz I didn't know you or anyone else had the power to make ppl not play it hence the statement below Tongue
[/quote]

I meant that as long as scally doesn't get an early BS (this is preventable if you keep killing their runners and harassing them so they can't mass enough wits for a BS
[/quote]

Lol I'd like to challenge you on TG in an ADvsSW match up I'd very much like to see this spawn stoping technique Tongue

Also 500th post yay! Smile

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Chemoeum - 05-19-2014 12:39 PM

I once beat Adorables as Veggies. This guy was Mobi-porting SOOOO much he wasn't focused on making more units.

This other time in my Fluffy days, an Adorables guy spawned a whole bunch of Mobis because he never knew what they did. He just threw one out and probably thought they'd make an amazing attack or something. It was me. I sent my turn before I got to use it because I didn't know how to use it.

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - [PETA] Doodat - 05-19-2014 12:43 PM

Within 2 months (or about when all replays started getting posted on OSN), the AvV record in STvST matches is 30-36, with Veggienauts leading.

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Poc 13 - 05-19-2014 12:51 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArO750goM
I accidentally played veggies, I meant to play a 2v2 but pulled out the win anyway Smile

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Flarp55 - 05-19-2014 01:15 PM

(05-19-2014 12:24 PM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  My without BS ? statement wasn't cuz I didn't know what BS stood for .....
It was cuz I didn't know you or anyone else had the power to make ppl not play it hence the statement below Tongue

I meant that as long as scally doesn't get an early BS (this is preventable if you keep killing their runners and harassing them so they can't mass enough wits for a BS
[/quote]

Lol I'd like to challenge you on TG in an ADvsSW match up I'd very much like to see this spawn stoping technique Tongue

Also 500th post yay! Smile
[/quote]

The statement was more from personal experience than actually tryign itt out. I've had it happen to me many times as scally. Never actually had a chance to tray the technique. I accept the challenge though. Send the game.

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - The Great Habudabi - 05-22-2014 11:19 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0pCjmQoM

Crow for dinner Bob? Wink

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Extreme Ghost - 05-22-2014 12:31 PM

(05-22-2014 11:19 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0pCjmQoM

Can I call you TGH?

TGH *wipes tear from eye's* the 1st 1-13 turns were amazing!
Nice win Smile now autograph my belly!!

Long live da veggies!

RE: Adorables vs Veggies - Flarp55 - 05-22-2014 12:42 PM

(05-22-2014 11:19 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0pCjmQoM

Well played. It seems that my mistake was putting the mobi on the left as opposed to the middle.

I never expected to beat an ST.

I demand a rematch.