One Man Left Studios Community Forums
New Teams/Character Ideas - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: New Teams/Character Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Alphapuddin - 07-12-2012 02:02 PM

Well I would say put a parasite. Not sacrificing the special unit. Because that's 7 wits. They also have 2 turns. To move away from their team if they perhaps have a dead medic or move to the medic. It would pretty much make the other team spend lots of wits to keep the unit, or spend 2 wits to lose it without killing their team.

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Fluffysox - 07-12-2012 02:08 PM

I think the sacrifice unit is a good idea, but instead have it 1 turn to explode. It would need more strategy and tactics, but isn't that what outwitters is about? And even playing the bug team or w/e team this special will be placed on, the opponent will always be weary of spreading their units out, deciding for a weaker position and scouting more. If you had the enemy backed up against their base aka in a defensive position, you could hop on in into a sniper of theirs and they would be helpless at getting away. The intimidation of this unit is awesome.

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Alphapuddin - 07-12-2012 02:10 PM

Well if it sacrifices itself, maybe a 4 or 5 move limit with 1hp? Or 2hp? Because I like the sound of this unit, but sacrificing 7wits seems crazy Tongue

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Fluffysox - 07-12-2012 02:17 PM

(07-12-2012 02:10 PM)Alphapuddin Wrote:  Well if it sacrifices itself, maybe a 4 or 5 move limit with 1hp? Or 2hp? Because I like the sound of this unit, but sacrificing 7wits seems crazy Tongue

4 move with 3 hp Big Grin

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Alphapuddin - 07-12-2012 02:23 PM

How about this? A better balancing tactic I think. The host explodes for the health that the special unit had before it infected the host. So if the unit had 3hp it does 3 damage. If it has 2 it does 2dmg. It could also be buffed up by the medic healing it to 4 Big Grin

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - FreakyMan777 - 07-12-2012 02:33 PM

(07-12-2012 09:59 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  That's why I suggested the disease only have a small chance to spread, so that the actual unit still gets some use after the first infection. And while the disease being able to spread does nerf the actual unit a bit, any unit that can pretty much wipe out a good portion of a team on its own is not weak.

Also, if the disease can spread, then it shouldn't damage every turn, simply because it would rarely spread; Snipers, Medics, and especially Runners, would all die before being able to spread it.

Good I want them to die! Tongue

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - advakharia95 - 07-12-2012 02:33 PM

My idea on the parasitic unit...
The special...
Health: 2
Speed: 3
...would sacrifice itself.
The effected unit...
...would explode in 1 turn.
...would deal damage to adjacent squares equal to its current health.
...would be able to be healed.
...would gain 1 speed. (This makes it fair if you go all parasitic on their heavy or sniper and this is also why I chose to make it explode in one turn instead of two.)

Dang, this thread is getting A LOT of attention. I made it just YESTERDAY and already 1500 views Smile I'm glad the community has a lot of great ideas.

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - FreakyMan777 - 07-12-2012 02:37 PM

(07-12-2012 09:03 AM)advakharia95 Wrote:  Thanks Gino Smile I really wish they would read this entire thread, everyone in here has some great ideas, not just me.
It would be awesome if they actually contacted me directly to ask for ideas on this cuz I got tons Smile I'd definitely do it and how cool would it be to have your name in the credits!?

Yeah I have quite a few too! Tongue I wish they would allow some people that they trust to have their email so they could send in email suggestions... Like a republic.... The people tell the higher people who tell the creators! Tongue

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - Fluffysox - 07-12-2012 02:39 PM

If the creators needed ideas, it would be a no brainer to come here.

RE: New Teams/Character Ideas - advakharia95 - 07-12-2012 02:42 PM

(07-12-2012 02:39 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  If the creators needed ideas, it would be a no brainer to come here.

They probably will come here eventually. The thread is really good. The only thing holding them back at the moment is the bugs and glitches they need to fix first. And they are already working on another team so we will have another soon enough! But yea, once they run outta ideas, this is definitely the place to come.