Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OML's mistake with Outwitters.
11-27-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: OML's mistake with Outwitters.
(11-26-2012 05:15 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  In Team Fortress, everything was free except hats. You could pay money to get hats that changes the cosmetics of your guy. People loved spending hats. This is known as the "hat model". It's generally well regarded. The Outwitter base graphics is similar to this.

The problems with that is the "hat model" is firmly rooted and extends across all kinds of cross-promotions with other games. Not to mention, it's become somewhat of a fad. I don't think one can really compare Outwitters bases to TF2 hats in that sense.

As for people speculating that the financial situation as magically turned around, I hate to be cynical, but I doubt it. I'm sure that there was a surge of purchases occurring after the article, but if you looked at the numbers, it would take a lot more than some generous purchases to balance the books. Even if everyone who had already bought an uber pack decided to pay another $6 it wouldn't have been enough.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Outwitters had already had the maximum amount of advertisement it could possibly have gotten. It's certainly a fantastic game and I wish it was more successful but unfortunately it isn't a big hit; hopefully this translates into better business plans for future games

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-28-2012, 12:59 AM
(11-26-2012 08:37 PM)CommandConquerer Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 04:41 PM)Random Task Wrote:  Actually I believe that the financials must have significantly improved since the wired article.

Hmm... That would be pretty decent. Confirmations, Adam? ^^

HAHAHAHAHA.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2012, 02:48 AM
(11-27-2012 12:20 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  It's certainly a fantastic game and I wish it was more successful but unfortunately it isn't a big a bit hit.

Doesn't Outwitters have more users than Hero Academy? In the Game Center rankings, HA is out of 350,000. Outwitters has more than that.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100