Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
+1 Wits: Why is it a mistake?
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake?
I agree. As long as no random elements are introduced (critical strike, etc.), and P1 rush is unviable, the game will remain fundamentally balanced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2012, 11:42 PM
I believe your points are valid and very well thought out Ex, but I agree with Random task. I definitely got "burned out" after the same (generally) formulaic play styles on each map. The +1 wit definitely rekindled my interest in the game.
11-26-2012, 03:51 AM
It's interesting seeing the varying responses in this thread. I personally go back and forth about the +1 wit/kill rule. Many of the posts here mentioned it has refueled interest in the game. With a changed dynamic, it has many new feel to it. For the record, I view this as a good thing.

Before reading this thread, I played a few games on candy core mine. Much to my frustration, this new update has given p1 & p3 an even larger advantage in 2v2 games. Before I could use a runner and soldier to at least slow down an advance.. Now all it does is fuel the opposite team's reinforcements. In my head, it makes sense that if there is P1 advantage in 1v1's, there probably is in 2v2. Why not have p1 start with 5 wits, p2 with 6, p3 with 7, and p4 with 8? That seems like a similar scale to 1v1's, am I wrong?

In my mind, the new update has refueled interest in 1v1 matches because, at the bare minimum, they're balanced now. But it has unbalanced 2v2 matches, if for no other reason that they still have yet to address FTA there.
11-26-2012, 06:04 AM
(11-26-2012 03:51 AM)ChamomileMF Wrote:  In my mind, the new update has refueled interest in 1v1 matches because, at the bare minimum, they're balanced now. But it has unbalanced 2v2 matches, if for no other reason that they still have yet to address FTA there.

I also find it surprising that the 2v2 FTA hasn't been addressed, but OML seems to be taking things one step at a time. They haven't even started posting top ranks for 2v2, so it may be possible that they're not happy with the metrics, yet.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."