Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
11-23-2012, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2012 12:22 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
Interesting thread. I agree with some of the points. Before the update I was valuing all units in wits most of the time. It was enough for me to get a 1-2 wit advantage and I could usually snowball that lead into a win. Now it is not so easy to value units anymore as what they are worth seems to depend a lot more on how easy the opponent can kill them. This together with wit for kill makes it hard to calculate several moves ahead. If this is a good or bad thing I guess is up to personal preference...

Runners role have change drastically. Before the update it was always a good idea to have good vision. Now you have a tough choice in if you want to scout a lot of the map or if you want to make your army stronger. I like that mechanic.

Attackers initiative have already been explained good. If you attack first you can get an advantage in number of units so that promotes offense. But there are other things going on as well. Runners are weak now and they were used a lot in attacks before the update. Attackers will probably need to use boosted soldiers while defenders can get away with unboosted ones. So this gives an advantage to the defender. Which of these forces are stronger, I truly don't know. Maybe it is as Garcia guesses, they cancel each other out?

From what I seen, the move initiative is not for p1 or p2 but varies between them depending on map and strategy. Imagine a map where you need more than 5 wits to take the wit tiles and move out with a unit that will be part of the rush. In that case move initiative goes to p2...
(11-23-2012 12:10 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  
(11-22-2012 06:44 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Statistics, bah!

We'll be using statistics after a week or so of the new rules to see if anything needs changing for balance.

As far as FTA, our stats for the beta users had it much closer to 50/50, none of that 60/40 BS we were seeing on the live servers. We'll be looking closely at that and special unit win rates to see how bramble is faring.

If brambles perform slightly worse you probably have a good balance as ppl will not know how to play them yet.

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan) - Alvendor - 11-23-2012 12:16 AM