Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
I won't argue with your math, but what you're leaving out is the ability to spawn a wider range of units, including specials, earlier in the game. It may not be a perfect analogy, but I compare it to what's called "implied odds" in poker. If you're drawing and have a 4/1 chance of hitting the card but the pot is only 3/1 to the bet, it is often still worth it to make the call as it is assumed that the betting will increase as the hand continues, giving adequate pot odds. Sure the math may say that the wit advantage will close rapidly. But the ability to put out a special, or another unit you wouldn't have been able to spawn without those additional wits, can be used to dramatically change the face of the game if used properly. I'm in a game now where I'm in a battle with bramble thorns that I know I wouldn't be dealing with if he didn't have those 8 starting wits. Does anyone agree with this? I know it doesn't really address the +1 kill change but I hope it adds to the "implied" value of the extra wits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan) - worldfamous - 11-22-2012 06:07 PM