Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Veggienauts Replay Thread
11-24-2012, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 01:14 AM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: Veggienauts Replay Thread
Here is a long game vs. joelduque on Reaper!Big Grin

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvLX4AQw

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 05:19 AM
(11-24-2012 01:13 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Here is a long game vs. joelduque on Reaper!Big Grin

How come he never moved hus runner from the wit pad to attack your base. You wouldve had to uproot to stop him
11-24-2012, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 06:25 AM by DoubtingTobin.)
Here's a game on Foundry with some strategic Bramble use. I'm fond of the impromptu sniper bunker I made to keep my opponent from re-taking his wit space.

Link!
11-24-2012, 07:19 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yra34AQwoutwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yra34AQw

Idk if I linked that correctly, but that's a pretty cool game where I use the ability to get rid of all my vines to win!
11-24-2012, 09:43 AM
(11-24-2012 06:24 AM)DoubtingTobin Wrote:  Here's a game on Foundry with some strategic Bramble use. I'm fond of the impromptu sniper bunker I made to keep my opponent from re-taking his wit space.

Link!

Great use of bramble. Nice game.
11-24-2012, 09:45 AM
(11-23-2012 10:03 AM)blckace Wrote:  Replay

I've managed to win this one but just barely, one more turn and i might have lost because he took my wit spaces
Posting this to show the bramble potential, also note the spawn pattern he used to make it hard for me to get whole branches in one kill

This was a fun game! I spawned the bramble too early, I was just dying to use one and it was a friendly. Observations:

- needed a few more turns to build up my unit count, struggled with this the whole game and couldn't defend properly, only block with thorns. You standing on my spawn spot at the end didn't help that lol
- turn 7, I shoulda covered your wit space, think I got distracted...
- turn 10 - 13, nice scrambler attack, can't remember why I moved my heavy on turn 11, think it was to do with wit management but looks bad on the replay...
- turn 19, don't think taking your wit spot was worth it, shoulda spawned something...
- turn 23, not sure taking your sniper over your soldier was a good move, I was getting nervous you'd snipe my bramble, but I probably coulda defended
- turn 25, pure desperation, just trying to buy some time
- turn 26, nice job taking the thorn* down to 1, honestly I didn't even notice when planning turn 27, but not like I could of done anything anyways...

I think the bramble is a cool change of pace, and can be overwhelming if played right. As you mention, if I had a few more turns after taking both of your wit spaces things coulda turned around quickly! The key is finding the right balance between growing thorns vs spawning units - I was too aggressive with the thorns here, but a lot of that was caused by your aggressive attacking, well played.

* do we have an agreed term for the 'barrier' (as called in the help section of the game)? We called em thorns in beta

** yes I was in beta so have had some practice Wink

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-24-2012, 10:59 AM
(11-23-2012 10:03 AM)blckace Wrote:  Replay

I've managed to win this one but just barely, one more turn and i might have lost because he took my wit spaces
Posting this to show the bramble potential, also note the spawn pattern he used to make it hard for me to get whole branches in one kill

Hard to say for sure but it seemed like you could've found a way to finish him quicker if you hit the base instead of the sniper, on turn 12. Then again, with bramble, he may have just sealed everything off quickly.
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Dang.. My thread poppin
11-24-2012, 09:10 PM
(11-24-2012 01:13 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Here is a long game vs. joelduque on Reaper!Big Grin

Nice streak for you! Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-24-2012, 11:00 PM
(11-24-2012 09:10 PM)joelduque Wrote:  

Nice streak for you! Smile
When you start going crazy with the bramble it becomes like a completely new game!

Soldier spam FTW