Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts
11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: Veggienauts
I feel like the brambler is useless with one wit per kill and it being completely defensive. My wins have been so easy. See below.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y3e30AQw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Unlike runners tho, these don't attack
11-21-2012, 10:04 AM
(11-21-2012 09:59 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  Unlike runners tho, these don't attack

True true. But I'm sure in the future someone might discover a very lethal tactic for Brambler.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
11-21-2012, 10:16 AM
(11-21-2012 09:45 AM)Zomus X Wrote:  I agree with BumbleBee123's strategy. Here's what I got out of it:
Turn 1: Spawn thorn with bramble
Turn 2: Spawn thorn with bramble and mother thorn
Turn 3: Spawn 4 more thorns in front to block off opponent's path with the 4 thorns you spawned last turn
Turn 4: Spawn 8 more thorns and so on
Turn 5: You get the idea

This had also brought a bit of luck into outwitters
If you're opponent spawns a row of thorns, one of them is the mother. You jump a soldier in and you're suddenly surrounded by 3 thorns after uncovering the fog of war. You choose which one you think is the mother. If your lucky, you choose the right one and all of them retract; if not, you have to use more wits. I think this can be improved if the thorns that are seen outside the fog of war are shown to be connected as parent/child.

Though this is an element of luck, it is comparable to the existing elements of luck (trying to guess what your opponent is doing in the fog of war, trying to guess their strategy, etc.). There's no randomness, only uncertainty.

What you say is true. You cannot always deduce exactly which barrier is the parent of exactly which other one(s). However, if you pay attention to the order in which the visible barriers are spawned, you CAN deduce which ones are NOT parents of certain others.

Also, how easily your opponent can deduce which barrier to attack or whether there are any particular weak points exposed is dependent upon how carefully you organized spawning the barriers in the first place.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
I guess your right, Erenan.

Another interesting strategy with bramble is (what I call) layering, haven't really tested it out but I think could work well. It takes your opponent a lot of wits to get through several layers of barriers.

You build a layer near your base in one turn (make sure nothing can kill one of the mothers). Then have each thorn build outwards on the next turn, covering all spots in the next layer. Then use the first layer to build another layer on the third turn. Or you can fill in the spaces in third layer with other units and build with your second layer. Something like that would probably take you 5 turns of wits and probably really hard to set up, but its interesting though.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
If that is how bramble is to be used, that veggienauts will become a defensive team. I hope that doesn't mean more turtleing
11-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Bramblers + Turtlers = massive turn count Smile

I think that bramble's thorns having 2 hp was a good choice, because otherwise splash damage does too much to it. And strategic barrier removing also comes into play.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
As soon as I started with bramble, that scary word popped into my mind and hasn't left since, I shudder at the thought...
Turtleing
11-21-2012, 05:21 PM
(11-21-2012 09:54 AM)ishu76 Wrote:  I feel like the brambler is useless with one wit per kill and it being completely defensive. My wins have been so easy. See below.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y3e30AQw

That game was just an example of someone that doesn't know how to play Outwitters yet. I don't think it provided any information on Bramble whatsoever.
11-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I've played a few friendlies with the Veggies, and so far, I'm liking Bramble. He's good at providing a distraction, and wasting your opponent's Wits.

In Reaper, the map I keep getting in randoms, I'll use the Bramble to harass my opponent's Wit space, and occasionally to trap a unit standing at the starting Sniper position. Since killing a thorn doesn't give Wits, it's a good way to force your opponent to waste Wits clearing out Thorns. While they're dealing with that, I can often push on the other side. Bramble can lock down areas similarly to a Bombshell, forcing units to reposition themselves, and he can scout ahead... in a way, he's the new Runner.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."