RE: 8 is too much!!!
(11-21-2012 10:04 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I just like saying words"

Pot, meet kettle

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 06:21 PM
(11-21-2012 10:04 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I agree with you that at low levels of play, it doesn't matter as much to be the second player.

(11-21-2012 09:35 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  The fact is, I never felt disadvantaged as p2 before the update, I just went second, won just as many games

Are you saying this from the perspective of:

1) "All the top ranked players say otherwise, but I believe I am a better player than them", or

2) "All the top ranked players say otherwise, and I don't believe I am better than them, I just like saying words"?

(11-21-2012 08:46 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Maybe this will reduce spamming the queue too, since obviously that was due to FTA.

Oh I am still going to queue stack if I can, because P1 still has an advantage. But the main reason I'm queue stacking is so I can avoid playing on Foundry or Peekaboo

1) I am truly trying to understand where you're coming from.

Or

2) I just want to be a troll. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy of this post)

I understand his post to say he hasn't felt the effects of FTA. Sounds reasonable to me. What's not reasonable is stacking the cue so you can back out of maps you don't like. That's cheating, plain and simple.
11-21-2012, 06:27 PM
1) Foundry is like an autowin basically. That's pointless for me.
2) I play bombshell, and against another bombshell player Peekaboo degenerates into a 500 turn stalemate. Also pointless for me.

What's your opinion on those two facts?
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
(11-21-2012 06:27 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  1) Foundry is like an autowin basically. That's pointless for me.
2) I play bombshell, and against another bombshell player Peekaboo degenerates into a 500 turn stalemate. Also pointless for me.

What's your opinion on those two facts?

Maybe you could reconsider your facts because the update changes have undeniably brought new dimensions or strategies. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I started my first league game after the update and surprise it was... Foundry!
Next up I made a defesive opening and now i'm beating myself for not using an offensive opening and taking the advantage, i feel it is totally doable with 8 wits.
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 08:50 PM by Emuchu.)
(11-21-2012 07:37 PM)blckace Wrote:  I started my first league game after the update and surprise it was... Foundry!
Next up I made a defesive opening and now i'm beating myself for not using an offensive opening and taking the advantage, i feel it is totally doable with 8 wits.

The main reasons Foundry was so auto-win:
1) Your Sniper, and often the Medic, were impossible to adequately defend from an early Runner rush.
2) Player 2 had no way to scout AND protect his assets at the same time, and so is forced to guess at what Player 1 is up to.

In this update, getting Runner-sniped is offset by the huge cost of kamikaze Runners thanks to the Wit/Kill, and the three extra Turn 2 wits finally allows Player 2 to scout. Why wouldn't Player 2 be able to fight back?

I'd wait until the update's been sitting around for a while longer before I believe Foundry is still broken.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-22-2012, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 02:36 AM by Sasquatch.)
[/quote]
1) I am truly trying to understand where you're coming from.

Or

2) I just want to be a troll. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy of this post)

I understand his post to say he hasn't felt the effects of FTA. Sounds reasonable to me. What's not reasonable is stacking the cue so you can back out of maps you don't like. That's cheating, plain and simple.
[/quote]

And I haven't, why would that make me better than the best players just because I don't see the difference when I play? In fact, maybe that makes me an even worse player cuz I never took advantage of FTA
Well, that quote didn't post....
11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Anyone here old enough to remember "8 is Enough". Classic 80s TV
11-25-2012, 02:05 PM
(11-20-2012 10:32 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Before the update you could start with 10 by skipping turn as p1

Oh holy god of cheap tactics Big Grin
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM
(11-25-2012 02:05 PM)CommandConquerer Wrote:  
(11-20-2012 10:32 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Before the update you could start with 10 by skipping turn as p1

Oh holy god of cheap tactics Big Grin

It's not a cheap tactic, it was a completely hypothetical example (of what would actually be a very poor tactic). If anyone still harbors the view that '8 is too much', you'd be well advised to go back and read the last few months worth of detailed discussion on FTA before posting further here.

8 is actually 'almost enough'. It nearly fixes the wit imbalance issue, but still leaves p1 ahead on unit count and initiative. In due course, I can envisage P1 being further restricted by not being able to spawn on the first turn (or a similar solution to fix the non-witcount imbalances).