Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
8 is too much!!!
11-20-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: 8 is too much!!!
Brilliant explanation you pommy genius. I wasn't thinking straight about the change but now I see it is a major help for player 2 thank you Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
It's actually 6 on small maps and 7 on large maps, not 5.
11-20-2012, 11:09 PM
(11-20-2012 10:31 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  It's actually 6 on small maps and 7 on large maps, not 5.

Quote:Lets pretend neither player makes any moves and see who has how many wits more than the other on each turn and put it on a nice neat little graph.

I was doing it simply as an example in the betaforums

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Sasquatch. Really nothing more had to be said after the first response to your post. "Before the update you could start with 10 by skipping turn as p1"

If you were somehow not convinced by this then I guess you could read the rest. But really, just go back to Alvendor's post and think about it.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-21-2012, 07:52 AM
It takes time and effort adjusting to the loss of p1 advantage, especially when taken together with the concurrent +1 wit per kill change in v 1.2. No more very hard to counter very early p1 rushes. It can easily turn into a p2 counter rush and win.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Maybe this will reduce spamming the queue too, since obviously that was due to FTA.
11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
(11-21-2012 06:24 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Sasquatch. Really nothing more had to be said after the first response to your post. "Before the update you could start with 10 by skipping turn as p1"

If you were somehow not convinced by this then I guess you could read the rest. But really, just go back to Alvendor's post and think about it.

Yes I understand this, but then p2 could've skipped his turn as well and started off with 10 too

The fact is, I never felt disadvantaged as p2 before the update, I just went second, won just as many games

And yeah, this is weird and something I'm not used to and I have lost 5+ games In a row as p1 so I'm not the happiest person on the planet

Wouldnt just 6 or 7 do?
11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
(11-21-2012 09:35 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  Yes I understand this, but then p2 could've skipped his turn as well and started off with 10 too
Which still puts p2 in a worse position.

(11-21-2012 09:35 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  The fact is, I never felt disadvantaged as p2 before the update, I just went second, won just as many games
Even if you didn't feel it to be that way, it's definitely a thing. If you look back a few pages on the forums, you'll find many threads discussing this topic thoroughly.
Statistics from tournaments as well as OML's internal data indicated that the FTA is indeed a factor and not just made up.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
11-21-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 10:07 AM by garcia1000.)
I agree with you that at low levels of play, it doesn't matter as much to be the second player.

(11-21-2012 09:35 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  The fact is, I never felt disadvantaged as p2 before the update, I just went second, won just as many games

Are you saying this from the perspective of:

1) "All the top ranked players say otherwise, but I believe I am a better player than them", or

2) "All the top ranked players say otherwise, and I don't believe I am better than them, I just like saying words"?

(11-21-2012 08:46 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  Maybe this will reduce spamming the queue too, since obviously that was due to FTA.

Oh I am still going to queue stack if I can, because P1 still has an advantage. But the main reason I'm queue stacking is so I can avoid playing on Foundry or Peekaboo
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I think a really important thing to consider is the wits-for-kills. I really don't enjoy being P1 and knowing they have 3 excess wits, but when small battles start it really evens out. P1 usually gets a couple more hits in than P2 does, which gives P1 not only a wit advantage but a unit advantage. I've won a lot of games after this update as P1 just by being able to push through the opponent's forces using wits earned from kills.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?